Thursday 5 August 2021

Walks: Saturday, August 7 to Thursday, August 12

Reflection of a great skyline

Hello ShoreThings!

This is your new blog host Bob saying hello and welcome to the next leg of our Olympian relay!
First, huge thanks to Susan for her outstanding commitment to the ST communications. She kept the home fires burning and has now passed on the torch.

It was great to see her out on the trails this past week.

On the social front, Happy Birthdays! In order, to Sharon yesterday August 4, Patty today August 5, and Norma on Friday, August 6. 

This Saturday, it's back at Loblaws for a distance of your choosing and a direction or directions by consensus. Please sign in to let others know you'll be there! Weekday walks are currently in subgroups, but let the group know if you are interested in expanding your bubble. 

I'm going to keep it short and simple as I get used to the blog, but hopefully, more fun content can be added as my expertise improves. Please let me know directly via email or text (most of you have that info–if not, leave a message via the sign in on this blog) of any special pics or events you wish to share.

See you Saturday, and beyond!

At Rosetta McClain Gardens on the Civic Holiday Monday.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Bob the Blogger! Thanks for taking it on. David and I won't be out on Saturday due to a commitment at 9 a.m. And we will miss August 14th as we will be at a cottage. Thank you too for the Happy Birthday wishes....but I think my mother told me I was born on August 7th! Maybe she got the date wrong??! Wishing you many happy footsteps!
Norma
P.S. That's a great skyline photo.

Helen said...

Next year’s calendar will have your correct birthday, Norma! We won’t be out this Saturday due to shed-building commitments. See you next week.

Olwyn said...

Welcome to Bob the Blogger; and thanks to Susan and Helen for keeping the 'blog-fires' going all these years! Happy Birthday Sharon, Patty and Norma ~ hope you're all enjoying your summer birthdays and keeping cool ~ I won't be out this Saturday; going to do a walk from the Brickworks with a small group ~ hoping to join the gang again soon. Happy weekend!

Olwyn said...

Also, wonderful photos; the Toronto skyline is beautiful; and I love the 'Sassy Shore Thngs' picture!

Lou-Ann said...

I hope to be out tomorrow providing it is not raining...and a continuation of thanks to Susan and substitute blogger Helen, for all their many hours of blogger for us all! Thank you Bob for picking up the baton!

Susan said...

I plan to join the turtles tomorrow morning assuming no rain. Thanks, Bob, for taking over the blog. I appreciate it very much.

Kim said...

Thank you, Susan, for your excellent blog blurbs over the last couple of years. And thank you, Bob the blogger, for stepping up to the plate. I will be out tomorrow for a walk frim Loblaws at 8 am.

Lynne said...

I'll be out in the morning, weather permitting.

Val said...

I'll be there at 8.
Turtle's ofcourse.
Val

Eva said...

Thanks Helen and Susan for being our blog masters. Welcome Bob for taking on the task. We are in good hands.
I am not walking tomorrow. Enjoy your walk and hope to see you next week.

Barbara Brown said...

Thank you Susan and Helen for the great updates and photos on the blog over many years! delighted you have taken it on Bob.

See walkers at 8 am for our morning walk!

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow at 8 at Loblaws

Anonymous said...

I hope to be out as well on Saturday morning at 8 provided it isn’t raining.

Barb S.