Thursday 19 December 2019

Walks - Saturday Dec. 21 - Wednesday Dec. 25


Wishing you and yours the very best this holiday season.  If you are in town, come out and join us on Saturday for a walk with friends. We meet at Tim's at 8:00 am and the distance is reasonable even if the weather isn't. We'd love to see you.

During the week, a Monday morning walk will likely take place. Check the blog comment section for time and meeting place.

If anyone would like to suggest another week day walk during the week, please add your suggestion to the blog comment section. It may generate some interest.

Announcements and information:
from Libby: Just a friendly reminder about the Hair of the Dog race January 1st. Walking distances of 3K.or 9K. Walkers start at 11:30am. Too late for the reduced rate registration but it's only $45. Apparently the lunch and door prizes are definitely worth the effort!

from Eileen: A little bit of history on one of our occasional walking routes.  William Peyton Hubbard was the first black alderman elected in Toronto and did a lot to improve the lives of black residents in the city.  There is a plaque in front of his former home at 660 Broadview. Let's plan a route to this area and check it out soon - perhaps in early January?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Peyton_Hubbard

Thinking of anyone who is ill, injured or missing in action. We hope to see you again soon.





14 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won’t be able to join you tomorrow but wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and best for 2020.

Olwyn said...

Love the photos; looks like Ian has a halo of flowers on his head; and Eileen's new boyfriend is VERY tall! Won't be out tomorrow, as I've caught my Christmas cold; but hope to be better by next Saturday and plan to come out then. Wishing everyone a beautiful Christmas and holiday season!

Eva said...

Wishing you happy holidays and all the best in the start of a new decade. Hope to see you soon. I've been putting a lot of mileage walk with my friendly and lovable Bella.

Helen said...

It is our plan to do a short walk on Saturday. Hope everyone has the wonderful celebration they like best!

Libby said...

I plan to be out Saturday at Tim,s. Happy holidays to all!

Unknown said...

I won't be out tomorrow morning. Lost the battle with an escalator and my foot is still sore though I have shoes on today. Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and all the joys of the season.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out in the morning. Best seasons wishes to one and all.
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday. Need the walk.

All the best of you and yours....enjoy the holidays.

Jan said...

I'll be out for a short walk, maybe 6I - still a lot to do for Christmas.

Jan said...

6k

Kim said...

I’ll be out for 6k too. Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful Shore Things. I am very grateful you are in my life.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, Patti, Laura and I will be at Tim’s this morning (I will be walking a 6k)

Merry Christmas to all!

Barb S.

Jan said...

Anybody walking tomorrow morning? Leverne, Helen, Barbara, and I are going to meet at tims2 (vic park and gerrard) at 8:30 Monday morning for 6k max.

Susan said...

Yes, I'll join you. Thanks for posting.