Thursday 12 December 2019

Walks - Saturday Dec. 14 - Wednesday Dec. 18

ho ho ho

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am.....might be a tad brisk....consider yourself warned. I know life can get busy but walking weekly with friends adds richness to your life.....just saying....

Other options:
Wednesday walks from Tim's are coordinated by Charlotte via email - 9:00 or 9:30 start.
Monday morning and Wednesday morning walks (generally starting around 8:00 am) are announced on the comment section of the blog.

Announcements / Information:
1.  Some good information about walking in icy conditions - walk like a penguin - worth a read:


2. Just a reminder of upcoming Races you may wish to consider. 
Hair of the Dog - Jan 1 is always a fun local race- weather dependent. And they have great door prizes!
Robbie Burns 8K in January 
Zoo Race in February (part of the Canada Running series). 
Registration for Spring Fling in High Park opens December 17.  
As always, please let Libby know if you have races of interest and if you have signed up.


Angels Among Us



28 comments:

Olwyn said...

Love the photos; what a fabulous and festive bunch~! I may, or may not be out in the morning; so please don't wait for me if I'm not there by 8am. Hope everyone is keeping warm!

Sharon KJ said...

It looks ike it may be a rainy day. I can't imagine being wet and cold. If it does rain then I'll stay put. Stay tuned.

Love the photo!

SKJ

Jan said...

Since the weather prediction is 90% chance of rain Helen suggested walking the Path downtown. Last year we carpooled and parked in city hall parking lot, left our coats in the car and started underground in the Thomson building. Much warmer and drier!
Anybody interested?

Barbara Brown said...

I am mot likely not coming out as I have had flu like symptoms all week...beginning to feel more human now but will wait until next week.

I agree Jan, the path was a great alternative last winter. Hope you all have a dry and warm walk!

Anonymous said...

I can meet on earl haig, what time?
Leverne

Jan said...

How about 7:45ish?

Helen said...

Sounds good to me.

Susan said...

I'll walk if it isn't raining, from Tim's. Can't go to the PATH tomorrow. Will check the weather and the blog in the morning.

Lynne said...

Won't be out tomorrow or for the next few weeks. Merry Christmas everyone, see you all next year!

Lou-Ann said...

Happy walking friends...!

Libby said...

Given the weather forecast I may not drive down to walk at Tim’s..Bag humbug!

Jan said...

Anyone thinking of the dome tomorrow morning? I don't have a client tomorrow morning so wouldn't mind.

Leverne said...

Jan and I are meeting at Loblaws at 8, if anyone wants to join us.
Leverne

Leverne said...

That would be Monday morning, Leverne

Susan said...

I'll join you - see you Monday am. Thanks for posting the time & place.

Lynne said...

I will try and join you tomorrow morning for a quick walk. If I'm not there by 8 don't wait for me.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be in Hamilton doing drywall.

Kim said...

I am working tomorrow, so I can’t walk . I would like to walk Wednesday, though.

Lynne said...

Not going to make it this morning, have to go to the office. Will try for Wed morning.

Susan said...

Anyone walking Wednesday morning? I'm game. Time, place? I'm not interested in the dome (yet).

Kim said...

I’m interested in walking tomorrow, but i think the dome might be what we need. Whatever is the consensus.

Helen said...

Like Kim, I’m thinking dome. But I’ll go with the consensus.

Anonymous said...

Ill check in the morning to see where we are going, 8am I’m guessing.
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll wait and see what the snow looks like in the morning.
I can go out for a short walk.

Helen said...

Dome for me. We could meet there and then walk locally if we prefer outdoors.

Jan said...

I'll do dome too

Anonymous said...

See you there
Leverne

Susan said...

Not coming - going to walk later from home