Thursday 7 November 2019

Walks - Saturday Nov. 9 - Wednesday Nov. 13

Welcome back

Join us on Saturday for a brisk walk with friends. We meet at Tim's at 8:00 am for a distance that suits you and the weather. 

Wednesday morning walks are from Tim's at 9:00 am. Charlotte sends a confirming email. Speak to her if you want to be added to the list.

Monday and Wednesday walkers (formerly the evening gang) seem to be going through a transition. Some walks are scheduled for an early morning start and some walks are evenings. Check the blog comment section for details as the time and the meeting place are variable.

Announcements and Information
Yippee - it is our year end party - Saturday evening at 6:00 pm - check the email invitation for any details. Bring your ideas for next year - chat them up; motivate others to join in. I can't wait to see everyone there. A big thank-you to Trish for hosting.

from Helen - Helen and Bob have signed up for a virtual 12K event that can be done at our own time between December 1-12, with an “ugly Xmas sweater” tee and a medal. Only $45. But only 300 spots. Who’s in? https://raceroster.com/events/2019/27491/the-12ks-of-christmas

from Libby - Sunday May 10 - Sporting Life - support a great cause while walking this local race - an annual favourite.  https://sportinglife10k.ca

Any interest in a half marathon in 2020? Trish was flashing her Vegas Rock & Roll half race shirt - looked pretty tempting.......just saying.....

Seasonal Tease

See you twice on Saturday......












15 comments:

Helen said...

Bob and I will be there at 8, bundled up and ready to go.

Kim said...

I’ll be out at 8 tomorrow with my hiking boots on.

Olwyn said...

What is that white stuff out there?!? I'm at the zoo for training Saturday morning, and searching for unicorns, so won't be out for a walk. Will be at the party to help Trish set up, but have to leave early for a rehearsal; hope to see some of the gang before I head downtown (to put 'Another Brick in the Wall'; yes, I'm working on that...) Happy walking!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow minus Patty and Laura, but I'll bring Barb along for the ride.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Arlene and I will be out tomorrow morning. I'm guessing that trying to keep up with Arlene will keep me warm.

Good luck with the unicorn hunting, Olwyn.

Ruth

Lynne said...

I'll be out in the morning bundled up as long as it's not snowing/raining etc etc.

Unknown said...

I won't be out in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night.

Leverne said...

See you at 8
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be out at 8:00 am.

P Dawn said...

Testing

Helen said...

Kim, Deanna, Bob and I will be meeting at Tim’s 2 (or at the McD’s nearby) on Monday morning at 8 am.

Susan said...

Thanks for posting Helen. I may join you - please don't wait if I'm not there.

Leverne said...

I will join you guys at 8 at tims too
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob, Kim and I will walk again from Tim's 2 at 8 am on Wednesday, weather permitting, of course!

Susan said...

I'll pass - too slippery (tonight) and no snow tires (yet) - these are my excuses.