Thursday 31 October 2019

Walks - Saturday Nov. 2 - Wednesday Nov. 6

Wednesday Walks

Join us on Saturday, at Tim's, at 8:00 am, for a walk with friends. Any distance is good distance - but be sure to pick up the pace - see article below. Last week, a few folks walked in the Port Union area - a nice walk and change of scenery, I understand. Thanks to Sharon for the suggestion.

Port Union Walk

Mid-week walks: Some folks are meeting at 8:00 am on Monday and Wednesday - watch the blog for confirmation and meeting spot. Others meet on Wednesday at 9:00 at Tim's. Charlotte sends an email confirming the details. Join in.

Race information - Mudcats Marathon/Half Marathon/10 k/5 k - May 2020.  The registration just opened today. Spaces are limited. Helen and Bob have registered for the challenge (5k Friday, 10k Saturday). Dunnville, ON - check it out:
Announcements and Information:
Reminder: check out race opportunities for 2020 - bring your suggestions to the Year End Party. Let Libby know if you register for a race. Let's talk it up - encourage and motivate others.

Year End Party is Sat. Nov. 9 - RSVP required. Check your email for details.

A new study suggests that slow walkers may age quicker than fast walkers — and you're born one or the other. There's bad news for slow walkers. Walking speed isn't actually a preference - a Duke University study found that you're pretty much born a slow or fast walker. Your walking speed as a 45-year-old can show the state of your physical and cognitive aging. According to the study, spanning 40 years, slow walkers had "older" brains, and were more likely to have "accelerated physical aging." - source: Apple News.

14 comments:

Bob said...

Registration for the Mudcat just opened yesterday. Spaces are limited. Helen and I have registered for the challenge (5k Friday, 10k Saturday: $90 pp). https://www.mudcatmarathon.ca/

Olwyn said...

Great photos of wonderful walkers! I won't be out Saturday morning, as I'm continuing my volunteer training at the Toronto Zoo. I haven't seen a unicorn there yet, but I see that Lou-Ann has! Happy walking everyone!

Helen said...

I'm pretty sure we'll be out on Saturday at 8, weather permitting. I guess we'll see in the morning!

Susan said...

I won't join you on Saturday this week - not feeling well. Hope to be back in action next week.

Sharon KJ said...

Walking in the cold is one thing; walking in the rain and cold is another. If it isn't raining, I'll be out with a friend or two in tow.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out if there is no rain
Leverne

Anonymous said...

We will be there if it is not raining too hard..
Margy

Anonymous said...

I'll just echo Margy's comment.

Get well Susan!

Olwyn, you always find the most fun things to do. Hope you do see a unicorn.

Ruth

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be there tomorrow, out picking up gingerbread supplies...however, I am registered now for the 5K Fishy and 5K Riverfront in Dunnville (May 8 & 9)...hope we get some more to register, would be a fun weekend!

Unknown said...

I won't be out this week or next. Hopefully Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 9th in my party room. Have a great weekend everyone.

Helen said...

The Monday walkers will shift to the evening this week. 6:30 at Loblaws, as long as it isn’t raining.

Lynne said...

I'll be out if the weather co-operates.

Helen said...

To (hopefully) avoid the rain, we're moving the Monday night walk up a bit earlier to 6 pm. Still at Loblaws. Just a quick 6K.

Helen said...

I think only Bob and I can walk early on Wednesday morning, so we’ll join the 9 am group at Tim’s.