Thursday 24 October 2019

Congratulations, Olwyn

Fancy pants Olwyn sent this update from the Scotia race which took place last Sunday:
"it was a perfect day weather-wise!  Ruth passed me in a cloud of dust at about the 4th km, 
and I never saw her again! The medal is super sparkly!"  

Congratulations to both Ruth and Olwyn for completing the Scotia Half. Ruth finished at 2:55 and Olwyn at 3:21. Well done. Marathon records were achieved in both women's and men's categories.

Join us on Saturday, at Tim's, at 8:00 am for a walk with friends with coffee afterwards. Log in and sign in.

Mid week walks: Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's - Charlotte sends a confirming email to help coordinate.

Other options: Monday and Wednesday - sign in with your suggestions - morning or evening and be sure to mention the meeting point and time.

Information and Announcements:
December races of interest: 
-Tannenbaum Race December 1 - a 10K along the boardwalk or 
-Santa Shuffle- Salvation Army charity race, 5 K in Sunnybrook Park December 7. www.santashuffle.ca/toronto
-Resolution Run (December 29 ) has a blue technical jacket this year!  

As always, keep posting any races of interest. The walk division of the Robbie Burns 8K in January is filling fast. Be sure to register if you are interested.  

Travel safely to those on the go. To anyone who is ill, injured or recovering, we send you our best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

Remember to hug the ones you love.....

Hope to see you Saturday - 
Some beauties from summer walks

17 comments:

Sharon KJ said...

We have not gone AWOL! Last week, Patty, Laura and I decided that we wanted a bit of a change for our walk and we decided to go to Port Union Waterfront Park. It was breathtaking! Not only did we witness the changing colours of the leaves but we walked along the shore of Lake Ontario. It was magical as witnessed by Patty and Laura taking an abundance of photos. It was quiet and there were only a few cyclists. There are also many paths to explore. We will be doing the same this weekend and encourage anyone who would like a change of scenery to come along. The park is at the end of Lawrence Ave where it meets Port Union Rd. We begin at 8:30. There is also free parking. Although there isn't a Tims readily available, there is a wonderful little coffee shop not too far from the park. Tims is closer to Lawerence and Kingston Road.

Otherwise, we'll see you soon. Enjoy!

P.S. Beautiful photos and congratulations to Olwyn and Ruth.

SKJ

Susan said...

I plan to be out on Saturday if the weather is good. Sharon's invitation is very tempting so I'll update once my decision is made - meaning Tim's or Port Union Road area.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olwyn said...

Lovely photos of the caterpillar and the butterfly! I won't be out walking for the next few Saturdays, as I'm training at the Toronto Zoo to be a year-round volunteer, and have in-class sessions, as well as getting to know the Polar Bears, giraffes, kangaroos, sloths, and wombats! Safe walking everyone, see you in a few weeks!

Helen said...

Leverne and I are planning on joining Sharon & co. for the Port Union walk on Saturday. We'll be there for 8:30.

Susan said...

I don't think I'll be out tomorrow for either location - family plans just popped into my calendar - lucky me!

Enjoy

Kim said...

How cool to volunteer at the zoo, Olwyn! I plan to do the Port Union walk tomorrow too.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out to either location, as I have a family wedding later in the day.

Barb S.

Jan said...

Sorry I missed the Port Union walk - sounds great.

Bob said...

8:00 am walk on Monday from Tim’s 2. 6k-ish. Who’s in?

Kim said...

I’m in for the Monday walk at 8 am.

Susan said...

I'm interested too - will aim to be there by 8:00 am but please don't wait if I am not there.

Thanks for posting, Bob.

Leverne said...

I will be there
Leverne

Jan said...

I can't today - maybe Wednesday

Helen said...

If the rain holds off, Bob and I plan to walk 6K-ish from the Taylor Creek parking lot on Dawes, starting at 8 am.

Helen said...

On Wednesday morning, that is.

Susan said...

I won't join you in the morning. Enjoy - hope the weather cooperates for you.