Thursday 17 October 2019

Walks - Saturday Oct. 19 - Wednesday Oct. 23

Really ....

Remember this (not sure where this quote comes from):
A group of friends is greater than the sum of its parts  What you can accomplish together, is more than you can accomplish individually combined! Revel in your community, and share your strength with others.

So join us on Saturday, whatever the weather, for a walk with friends. We gather at Tim's, ready to leave by 8:00 am.

Ruth and Olwyn are our racers this weekend in the Scotia Half. We wish them great weather and lots of support along the route. Enjoy ladies! 

Weekly walks:
Usually a group meets on Wednesday morning at Tim's at 9:00 am. Charlotte will send a confirming email.
I am not sure if there is still a group of walkers who meet Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm. Please sign in if you are walking. 

Announcements:
Robbie Burns (Jan 19, 2020) sign up is now open. Ruth has already committed and I am sure she would love company. Walking category sells out quickly so sign up soon! 


Time to start thinking of races of interest next year. Anyone up to a marathon in 2020? I have heard rumours of a few ready to tackle one more!! As always, let Libby know when you sign up for a race.

My thanks to Helen for doing the blog for the past few weeks. Greatly appreciated.

See you Saturday.

Shore Things Towel


18 comments:

Olwyn said...

Really indeed.....can't believe I missed the firemen this year...I mean the Diva race! ;-) Looking good ladies! Thanks for the good wishes for the Scotiabank Half; I'll need them! Ruth don't wait for me; I'll probably be in front of the police car at the end of the race; maybe I can hitch a ride on the hood...! Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Olwyn, if you hitch a ride with the police, be sure to get a picture to rival the one from the Diva race :-) We'll have the company of several people from Charlotte's Speed Walk Toronto group.

I plan to be out tomorrow morning for a short walk and some coffee.

Ruth

Jan said...

I'll be out for a short walk tomorrow morning, but I'll be away Monday

Helen said...

Will be there bundled up for a walk at 8 am on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim’s Saturday morning . Sharon, Laura and Patti will be walking in Port Union.

Barb S.

Unknown said...

If I'm not there for 8 don't wait for me. I will try and join you all in time for coffee.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for 8
Leverne

Lynne said...

As long as it's not raining I'll be out in the morning.

Susan said...

I expect to walk in the morning - but please don't wait for me if ....

Kim said...

I will be out tomorrow at 8.

Barbara Brown said...

Sorry I can’t join you all. I away with work this weekend. See you next Saturday. Barbara

Helen said...

On Monday morning a few of us will be walking from Tim’s 2 at 8 am. Let us know if you’ll join us.

Kim said...

I will join in. See you at 8 am!

Helen said...

I’m hoping we’re all in for a slight time change to 8:15.

Susan said...

I'll join you at Tim's this morning - 8:15 it is.

Thanks for posting - appreciate it.

Helen said...

On Wednesday morning, a bunch of us will be walking from the entrance to Taylor Creek Park on Dawes Road at 8 AM. Let us know if you want to join us for about 6K.

Susan said...

I won't join you this week on Wed morning - already committed to the Tim's group for the morning.

Have a good one.

Lynne said...

I am aiming to come for a short walk in the morning.