Thursday 10 October 2019

Walks: Sat. Oct. 12 to Wed. Oct. 16

A chilly start to the race – but no rain till we finished!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! For a while, it looked like we might get dumped on by rain clouds on Saturday, but the forecast isn't quite so dire at the moment. Do come out if you feel like company for a companionable walk.

Often on a holiday Monday, we meet in the morning – shall we say 9 am? If you want an earlier start, please sign in to say when.

Race news from Libby:

Our last race  training note for the Scotia crew! Saturday distance a mere 12K with 10 and 8 K during the week. 

Many congratulations to our stellar racers last weekend:

Ruth placed 12th overall in a strong walker catagory in the final Run for the Toad 12.5K. Well done Ruth!

The Corning Racers did us proud with strong finishes for all! Bob 2:42, Lyndia 3.08, Leverne and Helen 3:13, Jan 3:16, and Kim 3:27.

Remember to sign up for either Tannebaum 10K (Dec. 1) or Resolution Run (Dec. 29) before the price increases. Put your thinking caps on for any races next year. Anyone interested in a marathon???

An addendum from Helen: Our year-end party is fast approaching – so start thinking of races to discuss. Do we want to do calendars again this year? I'll send out an email to ask for orders soon.

No dragging necessary, Kim!

31 comments:

Jan said...

I plan to be out unless it's raining.

Susan said...

Ditto - hope the weather cooperates with our walking plans.

Looking forward to seeing folks then.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow. Welcome back, Susan. And congratulations to the Corning racers!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I assume we're meeting at 8 tomorrow, since the weather has cooled down a bit and nobody has to walk any insane distances for training.

Ruth

Deanna said...

I will be out unless it’s pouring. Love the shirt Kim.

Libby said...

I hope to be out at eight..diito re the rain

Lou-Ann said...

Congrats to the Corning and Toad folks!! I will be out at 8:00 provided the weather co-operates!

Helen said...

Yes, 8 am is the Saturday start. We’ll be out, ditto ditto ditto, rainwise.

Sharon KJ said...

We are undecided and Barb is away. If we are not there for 8, carry on without us. We'll be out on Monday, though.

Love the photos. Everyone participant did the Shore Things proud.

SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

Change of plans, will NOT be out tomorrow or Monday...Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Kim said...

I plan to be out at 8.

Anonymous said...

If it's not raining I will see everyone at 8
Leverne

Lynne said...

It's not really raining, anyone walking this morning?

Bob said...

Although the forecast has improved and the rain is not heavy, H has a cold so we are staying in. Have a good one!
Bob

Jan said...

Oh dear - sorry if I passed it on.

Anonymous said...

Don't wait for me, I'm passing today
Leverne

Jan said...

Although I could use the walk I have nothing to train for so I think I'll pass on walking in the rain.

Jan said...

Anyone walking tomorrow morning? 9am at regular Tim's??

Kim said...

I’m walking tomorrow—9 am at regular Tim’s.

Anonymous said...

I'll see you at 9 regular tims
Leverne

Lynne said...

I'll be out this morning.

Helen said...

We’ll be out on Monday morning for a short walk.

Susan said...

Not walking today - nursing a cold.

Jan said...

I can't walk in the morning - anyone free Wednesday evening?

Kim said...

I was going to walk this morning but I see it’s raining. I can’t walk tonight.

Bob said...

Rained out this morning but hoping for this evening. Occasions at 6:30?

Lynne said...

If it's not raining tonight I'll be out.

Susan said...

Change of heart - think I'll skip tonight - fighting a cold and prefer to stay warm & dry. Too damp.

See you Saturday.

Helen said...

Who would think me wimpy if I dropped out of tonight's walk, too?

Susan said...

Not me - that's for sure. hahaha

Helen said...

Okay, it looks like there *are* people who'd think me wimpy, so we will be walking tonight. But we'll be starting from our street, not Occasions.