Thursday 3 October 2019

Walks: Sat. Oct. 5 to Wed. Oct. 9

Well, Rainer did convince people to join him at Cavan Hills.
Just not the Shore Things! Yay, Stellar Runners. Maybe us next year?
It's race weekend for the Corning crew! Please wish away the rain for us – we're counting on you. For the Scotia trainees, it's 16K on Saturday, followed by 10K and 10K. In the home stretch now.

Everyone else, come out and have fun. Saturday looks perfect for a friendly walk. On Wednesday morning, check with Charlotte in case you'd like to join the group at 9 am.

Ruth offers a race suggestion for later this year – The Tannenbaum 10K on Dec. 1st, because:

(1)    It’s only 10K
(2)    It’s in our neighborhood
(3)    The race actually makes money for a good cause (Centre 55), rather than the fee all ending up in someone’s pockets


Registration fee of $65 gets you a hat and gloves, but the fee bumps up to the next level at the end of October. Will you give it a try?

That's it from me. I have one more week before Susan returns, so send your pics and ideas my way.

Shore Things, doing our bit to help the planet.

12 comments:

Olwyn said...

Congrats to Rainer and the Buttertart racers! And good luck to the Corning Crew; will do a rain dance for you ~ I won't be out tomorrow, but wish everyone a great weekend!
I'm thinking about signing up for the Tannenbaum 10k ~ thanks for mentioning it Ruth ~ are you going to sign up for it?

Sharon KJ said...

Great photos!

Four of us should be ready to move on out by 8. To the Corning Crew, enjoy the race, rain or shine.

SKJ

Libby said...

Best wishes to the Corning crew...will cross fingers for decent weather!. Enjoy.
Good luck to Ruth who is racing the Run for the Toad this Saturday!
I am back from travel and plan to walk tomorrow at 8

Lou-Ann said...

Not sure if I am going to be out, it not there by 8:00 please do not wait for me...to all the racers this weekend, have fun and enjoy yourselves!

Lynne said...

Good luck to the Corning crew! I won't be out tomorrow I am attending a retirement seminar. Yeah!

DeA said...

I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. See you next week. Deanna

Anonymous said...

Who’s in for a short walk tomorrow? Maybe 8:00 am at Taylor Creek Park?
Bob

Helen said...

8K-ish sounds good to me.

Anonymous said...

I'll meet at Taylor creek at 8
Leverne

Kim said...

I’m in for Taylor Creek.

Jan said...

I forgot it's Wednesday tomorrow. Although I could use the walk I have a lot of work to catch up on so I won't make it.

Lynne said...

Anyone interested in a short walk this evening?