Thursday 26 September 2019

Walks: Sat. Sep. 28 to Wed. Oct. 2

Divas Deanna and Viv "shorely" rule
Congratulations to our Shore Things racers! You've done us proud. Looking forward to seeing all your bling – remember to wear it for our Shore Things year-end party on Saturday, November 9th. Trish has confirmed that it will be in her party room, so mark your calendars.

This week, it's taper mode for the Corning crew: 12K, 10K and 8K. Due to their weekend schedules, they've decided to shift their walk to Friday morning at 7:30 am from Helen's. They'll also walk in the mornings on Monday and Wednesday, but exact times and places are TBD.

I haven't heard how the Scotia racers want to handle their 20K, with 8K and 8K to follow. Please share the news in the comments.

Everyone else, come out on Saturday and do your thing! Sign in to declare your times and distance. We all walk more contentedly in a bunch.

Also on Wednesday mornings, remember to let Charlotte know if you'd like to join the 9 am walk. I believe it's from our usual Tim's, but she'll correct me if I'm wrong.

This is Helen, filling in for Susan for a few weeks. Please contact me if you have anything to add to next week's post.

Happy trails!

Ottawa road warriors, Trish, Julie, Cheryl and Anita. 

16 comments:

Helen said...

See the Corning crowd bright and early tomorrow aka Friday morning

Helen said...

We won't be joining the Saturday walk, but we wish you a good one. On Monday morning at 7:30 am, the Corning trainees will be in the parking lot off Dawes for 10K in Taylor Creek Park. Let us know if you'd like to join us.

Unknown said...

My current plan is to walk Saturday morning, however if it's raining at 7am I plan on rolling over and going back to sleep.

Olwyn said...

Congrats to all the racers; well done! I won't be out Saturday morning; raining or not, I'll be sleeping in....not going to get my 20k in this weekend, as I'm working, but what can you do...happy walking everyone!

Lou-Ann said...

I plan on walking tomorrow, however if it is raining please go ahead without me!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Olwyn. 20K is vastly overrated.

I'll be out at 8:00 for a distance of 10 - 12K. I'll be walking with Arlene. Or, anyway, Arlene will be walking. I may be running.

Ruth

Lynne said...

If it's not raining I will be out for a distance yet to be determined.

Sharon KJ said...

If it's raining, I will not be out. Otherwise, Laura, Barb and I will be there.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'm back and was so looking forward to seeing everyone, but the weather report sounds grim. So hope to see some of you next week.
Sheila

Unknown said...

I'm going back to bed.

Lynne said...

It's not actually raining here at the moment. Is anyone walking?

Anonymous said...

I am going to come out.

Barb S.

Lynne said...

I'm walking too.

Jan said...

To the Corning crew- not walking Monday morning - another $#@&$* cold and I feel awful.

Lyndia said...

See you st the park entrance st 7:30
Lyndia

Helen said...

The Corning. Crew did our Wednesday walk in the morning to test out our rain gear. All went well. See you all after the race!