Thursday 14 November 2019

Walks - Saturday Nov. 16 - Wednesday Nov. 20

Enjoying the Year End Party

What a great evening that was! Thanks to Trish for hosting and to all who helped with setting up and cleaning up. Great way to celebrate another year together. And thanks to all who contribute to our group - your efforts are greatly appreciated. Lastly, we missed a few of you - wasn't quite the same with you...

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. We will do more or less distance, depending on the weather. Let me remind you, if you have been missing in action, this is the perfect time to rejoin the group on Saturday mornings. The distance, the pace and the company are all reasonable. We'll be looking for you.

Mid week options:
Wednesday morning at 9:00 am at Tim's. Charlotte sends a confirming email prior to the walk.
The Monday and Wednesday group (morning and/or evening) usually post in the comment section to let others know the time and meeting place - check those comments and join in.

Ideas for 2020 - these are just to get us thinking:
Hike the Bruce Trail - at least some sections of it
A Rock & Roll race in Cleveland, Nashville and/or New Orleans (very tempting)
Robbie Burns
Mud Cats races in Dunnville
Hike the Prince Edward County trail over 2-3 days (about 54 km long)
Mississauga Half Marathon
Ottawa Half Marathon
Sporting Life - always fun
Tanenbaum (held in the Beaches) 
Registration for some of these races/events is open now. Check them out.
Other ideas go here .......

from Libby - keep Libby informed of your race plans. She will update the training schedule to include your event. 





16 comments:

Olwyn said...

Great photos of the party ~ everyone looks so happy! I won't be out Saturday morning, still in training as a volunteer at the zoo. Happy walking and stay warm everyone!

Susan said...

I'll be walking on Saturday and hope to see you then.

Have fun, Olwyn. Sounds like a great volunteer opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures from the party. I will not be out Saturday morning from Tim’s. I’m enjoying my last few days in sunny California.
I’ve been out walking most mornings here - I love seeing the ocean!
Keep warm!

Barb S.

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning with a couple of Shore Things in tow.

SKJ

Lynne said...

If the temperature in the morning is -17c as forecast, I will not be out. If it is warmer I may be out.

Libby said...

I'll be out dressed fro cold with Arlene. see you then

Helen said...

We’ll be there, bundled up.

Lou-Ann said...

Still missing in gingerbread action...great photos, sorry I missed all the fun this year, especially making a caption on Dawn's photo!

Anonymous said...

Helen and I won’t be out after all this morning. Be safe!
Bob

Helen said...

Because Lynne is available for Monday ‘morning’s walk we’re shifting a little further west and meeting at my place at 8 am. Anyone joining us?

Susan said...

I won't be joining you folks. Enjoy your walk. Thanks for posting however, appreciate it very much.

Deanna said...

I can’t make it in the morning. Hope to see you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I am not able to walk on Monday morning, hope to see you guys on Wednesday
Leverne

Kim said...

Helen, Bob, Deanna and I are walking tomorrow at 8 am from Tim’s 2, for anyone who is interested. ��

Leverne said...

I'll see you 8
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll join you at 8:00 am this morning. See you soon.