Friday 29 November 2019

Walks - Saturday Nov. 30 - Wednesday Dec. 4


The last walk of November is here - you won't want to miss it. So bundle up and join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Distance is flexible - whatever works for you. If you have been missing in action, we'd love to see you again. Come now while the distances are quite manageable and the folks are friendly.

Week day walks: Wednesday at 9:00 am at Tim's - Charlotte sends an organizing email. Another group usually walks Monday and Wednesday mornings. Check the blog comments for location and time of these walks as they tend to vary.

Announcements and Information:
Our swim party host, Paul, is recovering from hip surgery. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Paul. I hope your live-in nurse is good to you. Given the litigious environment in which we live, I don't think it is wise to use the term "pool boy".

from Libby & Susan:
The Canada Running series is now open for registration for the Oasis Zoo Run and Scotia Waterfront 10K. Scotia Waterfront is extremely popular and sold out in a week last year. If you are interested, sign up quickly. It has a walking category and great loot bag. Talk it up - others may be tempted to join in.

Best of luck to the Tannenbaum Racers this Sunday. Our wish for you; good weather and a great race.

Hair of the Dog on Jan. 1/2020 offers two distances: 9 or 3 k - along Martin Goodman trail. Hot lunch served - supports Balmy Beach Canoe Club. It is always nice to support local causes and races. A warning: watch out for ice - just ask Norma about it.

Article of interest - talks about the benefits of high intensity (or pushing yourself for short periods of time when exercising). Well worth a read - motivation to work hard.
https://www.everythingzoomer.com/general/2019/11/18/how-high-intensity-interval-training-may-help-stave-off-dementia/

 Some folks run for beer, I hear.

Streetcar Gem 







23 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning everyone. I won't be out Saturday. Have to get the turkey in the oven for 7. Family Christmas. Bundle up and have a good walk.

Helen said...

We'll be out on Saturday. See you tomorrow.

Trish, have a lovely family gathering!

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday. See you then.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out this Saturday; two more weeks of Toronto Zoo training, and then I'll be joining you again. Trish, have a fun family get-together! Stay warm everyone!

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out..hope to do the distillery route this week!

Anonymous said...

Speedy recovery to Paul, I'll see you at 8 at Tims
leverne

Deanna said...

I won’t be out in the morning. See everyone next week.

Kim said...

I will be walking Saturday morning. See you then.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

Laura, Barb and I will be there for a walk in the morning.
Paul, wishing you a speedy recovery.

SKJ

Leverne said...

Anyone want to walk Monday morning at 8:30
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll confirm in the morning, when I will have a better idea of the weather/road conditions.

Helen said...

What Susan said.

Kim said...

I’ll check in in the morning.

Helen said...

What’s the consensus for Monday morning, walk or no walk?

Anonymous said...

I’m staying put, I think the snow will still be very deep on sidewalks and roads.
Leverne

Kim said...

Okay, Leverne. You called it.

Helen said...

Maybe we can reconnect for an early evening walk? Before it gets dark. I’ll try and send out an email or text later in the day.

Kim said...

That would be great, Helen!

Anonymous said...

What do people think about tomorrow (wed) morning
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob and I won't be there on Wednesday. Details by email. But FYI the track at Monarch Park dome has free admission for seniors on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8 am to 10 am. Just show up -- no paperwork necessary. It's something I'll probably be making use of this winter.

Susan said...

I'm going to pass too, Leverne. My car is still buried in snow and without snow tires (until Friday).

Good new about Monarch Park dome - thanks Helen.

And, I hope things are okay, Helen, but I suspect not ......

Jan said...

oops slept in again! My body is still on California time and I can't seem to get out of bed before 8-8:30.

Although I'm not fond of walking the track, Helen, Bob and I walked yesterday (Tuesday) morning but not for long - very slippery, so not sure how much exercise we really got as we weren't moving very fast - more exercise than the couch potato I have become! but the track will be safer and warmer.

Any thoughts about Saturday? It's hovering around 0 for the next few days with more snow expected Friday.