Thursday 5 September 2019

Walks - Saturday Sept. 7 - Wednesday Sept. 11

Chillin' with Friends

Join us on Saturday at Tim's for a walk and then, coffee with friends. The official start time is 8:00 am. For those training, I suspect you will want to start at 7:00 or 7:30 - please let others know your plans. The weather is looking mighty fine - take advantage of it.

Training distances:
Ottawa - 16 km followed by 10 & 10 km during the week
Corning - 18 km followed by 8 & 10 km during the week
Scotia - 14 km followed by 8 & 10 km during the week

Mid-week options:
Wednesday morning folks gather at Tim's at 9:00 am....coordinating email from Marie or Charlotte.
Evenings (does anyone walk evenings?) are at 6:30 pm on Monday (Dawes Road ravine) and Wednesday (Occasions). Once again, sign in and let others know your plans.

Announcements & Information:
1. Road Closure: Queen St. & Kingston Road
Starting Saturday September 7th, there will be a number of full road closures around the Queen St E and Kingston Rd intersection. Closed for approximately 7 weeks. Closures are to replace streetcar tracks. TTC and traffic will re-route using Dundas to connect Queen and Kingston Road. 

2.Race options - challenge yourself and have some fun:    Terry Fox Run - Sept. 15, 2019     Oasis Zoo Run - Sept. 21, 2019    Divas Half Marathon & 5 k - Sept. 22, 2019


3. Rock & Roll Nashville Marathon & Half Marathon - Apr. 24-26, 2020 -Sounds like fun. Tempted????


4.  Keep your body looking and feeling younger - check out this article:https://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/features/7-tips-to-keep-your-body-young

People are coming and going - enjoy, be safe.
Marie is waiting to welcome her first grandchild. How exciting....
If you are injured or ill, please know that we miss you.


Beautiful Monarch Butterfly

I think this is Olywn's beer!

22 comments:

Lynne said...

Won't be out tomorrow, I'm off up north for the weekend. Happy walking everyone.

Helen said...

We’d prefer the 7 am start for 18K on Saturday, if “prefer” can be taken with a bucket of salt.

Susan said...

I will be out on Saturday at 8:00 am for a short-ish walk.
So, so sorry that I can't join those walking at 7:00 for 18 km.

Helen said...

Susan, I feel your pain. Or I might after 18K.

Barbara Brown said...

I plan to be out at 8am. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Olwyn said...

I need to do 14k tomorrow, so I'll aim to be at Tim's at 7:30am, and if anyone is there to join me, great; if not, I'll see you after for coffee! And yes Susan, that is...I mean, it WAS, my beer! It was delightful!

Lou-Ann said...

Maybe it was Stacey's beer, however there were a few scattered around the pool deck! See you at 8:00 for a short, and most likely a slow walk... I have to walk off the stress of the first week back to work (no not really)!!!

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out at 8.

Jan said...

I'll be out at 7 for (gulp) 18K.

I have a couple of routes mapped out:

Boardwalk to far side of Rosetta McClain
Spit with a side trip down to Cherry Beach
Through St Jamestown to Rosedale

Any preferences?

Helen said...

My preference would be the Spit and Cherry Beach – because of potential bathroom access. Happy to save Rosedale for less clement weather.

PDawn said...

I hope to be out at 8.00 tomorrow and am going to test my injured toe in running. Shoes. will be short and slow....

Sharon KJ said...

See you as close to 8 as possible. We (me, Laura and Barb) wait for Patty to come in from Oshawa.

SKJ

Olwyn said...

I'll be there at 7am to join the early birds; see you in the (yawn!) morning!

Kim said...

I’m for 18 k at 7 am. I prefer the spit rout too. 😊

Anonymous said...

Testit. This is Helen

Anonymous said...

Testing time 3. Lyndia

Helen said...

The Corning crew plan to start at 8 am from Lyndia’s, as she’s without transportation. 8K is the distance.

Jan said...

I am hoping to go tomorrow morning.

Susan said...

Where are the Corning crew meeting on Wednesday morning and at what time?

This is just a question - not committing - not yet, anyway.

Helen said...

The Corningers are meeting in the parking lot of Taylor Creek Park, which is at the bottom of the dip on Dawes Road, opposite Crescent Town. The start time is 8 am, and the distance is 10K.

Bob will certainly be there, and I hope to be if I can get my work finished tonight...

Susan said...

Thanks - I may join the crew, if I wake up in time - but I don't want to set my alarm, so ...... please don't wait for me if I am AWOL at 8:00 am.

Kim said...

I will be walking with the Corningers.