Thursday 29 August 2019

Walks - Labour Day - Sat. Aug. 31 - Wednesday Sept. 4

Our Favourite Hostess

Join us Labour Day weekend for walks and coffee with friends.....this Saturday, at Tim's. Two start times - 7:00 am and 8:00 am. Please let others know your plans.

For those training, the distances are as follows:
Corning: - 16K with 10 and 10 during the week
Scotia: - 12K with 10 and 8 K during the week

Monday - I suggest we walk from Tim's with a 9:00 am start (feel free to suggest other start times).
Wednesday morning walk from Tim's at 9:00 am - Let Marie know if you are interested in receiving the organizing email.
Wednesday evening - not sure if there is enough interest in the evening walk - let others know if you plan to walk and want company. Meeting spot at 6:30 at Occasions.

Sign in and join in

Announcements and Information:
The Oasis Zoo Race in September is now 70% sold out. Anyone interested in joining Lou-Ann and Eva?

There is a race in Barbados Dec. 7 Distances: 5, 10, half and full marathon. I believe we have some folks with friends from that island??? Sharon? Dawn? Any interest? Sounds very tempting....

A local race of interest is in Collingwood Oct. 5. Half, 10K and 2 K dustances.
As always, let Libby know of any races you sign up for!

If you are travelling this weekend (or longer), have fun, enjoy, be safe.  We look forward to your return.  Thinking of you, Trish. And, to those who are injured, ill, or recovering, we send you our very best wishes.


 Water fun
A few of our good men

19 comments:

P Dawn said...

Have a great weekend everyone. I won’t be our - still healing toe,

Anonymous said...

Assuming anyone else signs in for a long walk starting at 7 (ugh), I'll be there too. Otherwise, I'll come for 8.

All the best to Dawn's toe :-)

Ruth

Helen said...

Bob and I will be there at 7 for our 16K.

Susan said...

I'll join the 7:00 am start group fo 16 km. See you bright and early.....

Lynne said...

I'll be out at 8 for a more civilized distance....

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday or Monday.
Enjoy the long weekend everyone.

Barb S.

Barbara Brown said...

I am planning to be out at 8. Look forward to seeing you all.

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out at 8

Kim said...

I’ll come at 7 for 16.

Helen said...

Just to confirm, Bob and I will be starting 10k at 8:15 on Monday yay Tim’s

Susan said...

I'll join Bob and Helen at 8:15 am for 10 km.

Hope to see some others at coffee.

Lynne said...

I'll be out at 8.15 for 10k.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's only 10K. I'll be at Tim's for 8:15 tomorrow morning.

Ruth

Kim said...

I will come for 10 at 8:15.

Lynne said...

Won't be out tomorrow morning after all, forgot I booked the car in for an oil change.

Helen said...

Our plan for Wednesday morning is to meet for 10K at 8:15 am in the parking lot for the park on Dawes Road. You can’t miss it. It’s a large lot at the lowest part of Dawes, opposite Crescent Town. (Sorry you can’t make it, Lynne. Would it help if we picked you up?)

Jan said...

Hi all - anyone planning on walking tomorrow night? I can't walk in the morning.

Helen said...

Change of plans: we’re starting at 8 am on Wednesday. Same bat place, same bat channel.

Susan said...

Jan and Lynne - walking tonight? I could join you......just wondering.