Friday 3 May 2019

Walks: Sat. May 4 to Wed. May 8

Shore Things on the shore
Oh, my goodness, it's Friday already and I'm just getting the blog post out. If you're on our internal mailing list, this will go out to you that way – sorry! So much going on at our house right now!

Let's meet on Saturday at Tim's on Lake Shore at Leslie, 8 am, for the distance that pleases you, followed by friendly conversation and warm bevvies.

Our weekly schedule also includes:

  • Sunday morning at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street.
  • Monday (Loblaws, Gerrard/Vic Park) and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks!
  • Wednesday at 9:00 am at Tim's – usually Charlotte sends a confirming email to the regulars in this morning group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.

Race news from Libby:


No race news this week. We are a social bunch this year! 

Libby is looking for  company for a 10K this Saturday – practice distance before Sporting Life a week Sunday. We wish the Good Life racers well this Sunday. I am not aware of any in our group competing!

Let's get out and enjoy the spring-ish weather, whatever that might be.

Hopefully, no more burrrrrrrrrr!

20 comments:

Kim said...

The Sunday morning walking group has been temporarily changed to 10:15 start meeting at Lee Avenue. Dogs are allowed on this walk and we usually walk the boardwalk/peanut at a slow/moderate pace. Just an FYI

Lou-Ann said...

See you tomorrow for our walk...Barb, are you up for a 10K walk (obviously not quick)...this way we can say we atleast trained for the Sporting Life. Libby, you are welcome to walk with us, however we are not your speed...we can follow behind you "then you sort of have company"...

Olwyn said...

I may be out for 8am in the morning, but please don't wait for me if I'm not there; I'm working late tonight and most of tomorrow, so may opt to sleep in. I'll be getting my training in for the Sporting Life 10k next Sunday, AT the Sporting Life 10k! Happy walking everyone!

Helen said...

A walk in the fresh air, sunny or otherwise, might be just what the doctor ordered. See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

See you Saturday, Libby I'll walk with you
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm in Vancouver enjoying warm weather, good beer and a very happy and surprised daughter. See you next week.
Trish

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning. Barb, see you in the morning, too.

SKJ

Libby said...

I will be out at 8 at Tim's..planning for 10K in sun!!

Jan said...

I def need a walk - been chained to my desk all week and desperately need exercise

Libby said...

I will not be walking after all..hit with the flu

Helen said...

If we can avoid the rain, it would be good to walk tonight. That's Monday.

Anonymous said...

as long as it's not raining, i'm in
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Ditto

Lynne

Jan said...

Ditto Leverne and Lynne. Did I hear we're walking from Lynne's building?

Kim said...

Too sleepy to walk. Maybe Wednesday.

Jan said...

C'mon, a walk will wake you up!

Jan said...

Hey Lynne - Harry and Meghan named their baby after your dog!!

Kim said...

I’m walking tonight. Sorry Jan—didn’t see your message on Monday.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Occasions on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at occasions
Leverne