Thursday 9 May 2019

Walks: Sat. May 11 to Wed. May 15

This week, we're in search of cherry blossoms
The route planners have sussed out a patch of cherry blossoms close to home, so our walk on Saturday will take us in the direction of Cherry Street and Villiers. (Let's hope they hang onto their petals in today's wind and rain.) Others might prefer another route. Either way, let's meet at Tim's on Lake Shore at Leslie at 8 am for the distance and direction of your choosing.

Please check our schedule below for a few changes to our routine.

Our weekly schedule also includes:


  • Sunday morning at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street. [Note that Kim made a recent comment that this time and place might have changed: "The Sunday morning walking group has been temporarily changed to 10:15 start meeting at Lee Avenue. Dogs are allowed on this walk and we usually walk the boardwalk/peanut at a slow/moderate pace." She might not be able to confirm that this still holds before I have to publish, so please check with her or check the comments on this post.

  • Monday (Please note a change in venue: Meet at the west entrance to Lowe's at Danforth Shoppers World) and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks! Let's see how we like the new Monday starting point for a change of scenery.
  • Wednesday at 9:00 am at Tim's – usually Charlotte sends a confirming email to the regulars in this morning group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.
Race news from Libby:

This weekend we celebrate Mother's Day and the Sporting Life 10K. At least eight Shore Things are racing. A new route starting at Davisville this year! Always a fun race, well supported and almost downhill the whole way. Let's hope the rain holds off until we finish. 

Happy Mother's Day to all. All the best to the racers. 

If you want me to include something on the blog, please send it my way by email. 

A little fun from Olwyn.


24 comments:

Helen said...

Two notes: We’d discussed a different cherry tree route, but it turns out that the trees are probably not mature enough for a good display. Second, the Sunday walk has been poorly attended. It’s especially important to sign in for this or contact Kim directly if you intend to come.

Helen said...

The cherry trees in our first route, I should say, hence the change of venue.

Olwyn said...

Good luck finding the cherry blossoms! I'll be walking the Sporting Life 10k on Sunday morning with the gang; we'll do the Shore Things proud! Have a great weekend everyone!

Olwyn said...

And Helen; what a fun way to post that photo; our Shore Things look like Fosse jazz dancers!!

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tomorrow, will do a very short walk in my neighbourhood.
Love the photos Helen!

Unknown said...

Hello, I won't be out Saturday. Doing the Sporting Life on Sunday. Don't think it will be speedy but I promise to cross the finish line chest out and smiling.

Sharon KJ said...

Alas, I will not be out tomorrow except maybe to drop by for a cuppa. I'm on grandchild duty.

Happy walking to all especially our walkers on Sunday. And, Happy Mother's Day to all!

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning, happy Mother's Day to all
Leverne

Anonymous said...

To everyone doing Sporting life - Enjoy!! And I hope all you mothers get spoiled on Sunday.

The cherry blossoms were just coming into full bloom in High Park on Thursday, so there should be a good show over the weekend. They've planted a bunch of new trees, too and they're doing nicely.

I will be out tomorrow morning at Tim's.

Ruth

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out on Saturday. Happy Mother’s Day to all who are, have, or ever had a mother — and to all the grandmothers, too!

Anonymous said...

I will not be out this morning, as I am doing the Sporting Life 10k on Sunday. Happy Mother’s Day to all!

Barb S.

Jan said...

I'll be out

Anonymous said...

I shall not be walking tonight, feel a cold coming on, gakkk
Leverne

Lynne said...

Not walking ever again until there is no rain in the weather forecast.

Helen said...

Not crazy about walking in the rain on Monday, but I'd be willing to do a short walk just to get some steps in. Looks like we have many days of rain in the forecast, and I don't fancy becoming glued to a chair in the meantime.

Jan said...

I agree with you Helen but I'll see how hard it's raining as the day progresses.

Jan said...

I have to go downtown tomorrow morning - may just walk to work instead. If it's not raining .

Helen said...

Under the soggy circumstances, Bob and I will also be staying home on Monday – and hoping for better days to come.

Helen said...

As long as it stays clear like this, Bob and I will be at Occasions at 6:30.

Lynne said...

Not walking this evening....not because of the weather, I have to go to a union meeting.

Jan said...

I'll be out if it's not raining - forecast says no rain but sky looks a bit forbidding!

Kim said...

Won’t be able to get home in time to walk tonight.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight, prior commitment
Leverne

Helen said...

As it’s just the 3 neighbours tonight, we’ll probably walk from home.