Thursday 7 March 2019

Walks - Saturday March 9 - Wednesday March 13

Beautiful Boardwalk Views

Join us on Saturday for a walk with friends, starting at 8:00 am at Tim's....surely spring weather is coming our way soon....very soon. The distance is whatever suits you and the weather. Coffee and conversations with friends follows.  Looking forward to seeing you then.

Other walks during the week:
Sunday mornings at 8:30 am from The Running Room, Queen St.
Evenings at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).
Wednesday morning, at 9:00 am, at Tim's - Charlotte sends a confirming email to the regular weekday walkers.

Sign in and come out.

Announcements: from Susan - My thanks to Helen for doing the blog in my absence. Greatly appreciated.

from Libby: Please check the Race Interest List to ensure Libby has correctly documented those racing in the coming months! She's been known to have an error now and again!
March races include Achilles 5K March 17 - always a good race to support. April has a few racing in the Race Roster 8K in High Park April 6 and the April Angus Glen 10 Miler April 7. This is the last year for the Angus Glen Races and the swag is great!
Sporting Life registration fee increases March 15. There are a few ShoreThings registered. Consider joining us! Still time to train before May and the distance is reasonable!.
As always, let Libby know if you sign up for a race.

from Rainer: Last weekend was the Tampa Bay Gasparilla race .... 15km, 5km, 8km, half, full Marathon ... lots of choices. I participated in the 5km Walk section. A total of 13,745 participated in the 5km Saturday morning with numerous waves (the walking section at the end of the start) .... it was sunny at 30C so hot they had a water station BEFORE our wave started ... a hot, hot race .... a scenic route along Tampa Bay with views over Davis Island. The usual Florida post race food of bananas, bagels, fresh fruit, energy bars and BEER. There is something unusual about having a beer so early in the morning. This is definitely an event I will do again next year but next time with Margy.

To those who are ill, injured or recovering, we send you our very best wishes. We miss you and hope to see you soon. To those who have been AWOL, consider coming out and joining us again. Spring is a great time to get walking again.







21 comments:

Unknown said...

My goal is to be out Saturday morning. Time to get moving again. (If for any reason I am not there, it's because I hurled my alarm across the room and refused to get up). Happy March Break everyone.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 8.
Val

Anonymous said...

I won’t be joining you tomorrow as I’m still in my island in the sun! Maybe next..week.......

Dawn

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday and looking forward to seeing everyone. Enjoy your time away, Dawn.

Olwyn said...

Gorgeous photos; and I love the one of Rainer with the beer; well done! I'm planning on being out tomorrow morning at 8; looking forward to seeing everyone then!

Lou-Ann said...

Way to go Rainer...always can count on your for some interesting races, maybe you can suggest that here! Looking forward to our walk tomorrow...nice photo!! Happy March Break to those who are really partaking in it!!!

Jan said...

I plan to be out tomorrow - any requests for a route?

Deanna said...

I will be walking in the morning.

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out in the morning. Barb, same place and time?

SKJ

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too will be out in the morning. Thanks Sharon.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to Trish's alarm clock for a speedy recovery. I'm sure duct tape and glue will do a good repair job.

I'll be out tomorrow morning.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'll be out in the morning
Leverne

Jan said...

Don't contact on me tonight - I have a client meeting g at 4:30 and not likely to be back in time

Helen said...

Today was Sam's moving day, so we might not be out on Monday either. I think what Jan meant was "don't count on me" -- so, ditto.

Susan said...

Ditto. Sorry that I am so late to reply

Jan said...

That was supposed to say don't count on me!!

Helen said...

If it's raining, I won't be out tonight. Damn this weather.

Susan said...

Damp and cold when I walked today during the day - won't be out tonight. I'm impatiently waiting for spring.....please....please

Jan said...

I'm still at a client's so I won't be out either. Slippery in spots - you have to watch what you're doing.

Helen said...

It's 6:20 and even though the rain isn't actually falling, we won't be out. Sorry for the late notice!