Thursday 28 February 2019

Walks: Sat. March 2 to Wed. March 6



Susan might give us first-hand tips for "walk like a penguin" weather!
One more week from me, and it looks like another snowy weekend. But let's try to rise above it and meet at Tim's on Lake Shore at 8 am for a walk – distance of our choosing. Those Winter Stations are still up, and I'd like to see them. If it's a blizzard, though, there might still be a PATH contingent. Please sign in to say where you'll be.

The sunlight is lingering later, so maybe Monday evenings at 6:30 (Loblaws) might get some takers. Wednesday evening will be a Doc Soup night for many of the regulars. Those who wish to can meet at Occasions at 6:30. Again, signing in helps tell each other if we'll have company.

Sunday morning at the Running Room on Queen East starts at 8:30 am. Just show up!

Charlotte organizes the Wednesday morning walk at 9 am at Tim's. Let her know if you want to be added to her email list.

I have nothing from Libby this week, but have a feeling she'd encourage us to sign up for races and let her know which ones. Races and other goals keep us motivated. If you have a non-race goal, let her know. Some of us might want to join you.

It has been hard with the weather, and we do have some winter left to deal with. But the days are getting longer and spring is on its way.
A little inspiration from the Polar Bear racers, Anita, Cheryl and Trish!

17 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I plan on being at Tim's for 8:00...snow is ok, just rather have no ice...sending my best wishes to Trish's daughter and husband to be this weekend!

Olwyn said...

Hope to be out in the morning at Tim's at 8 if the weather isn't too bad; see everyone then! And best wishes also to Trish's daughter and future son-in-law!

Helen said...

We’ll be out on Saturday, bringing Yaktrax, just in case.

Barbara Brown said...

I will not be out this weekend. I have a heavy cold, with all the trimmings!

Enjoy the event and celebration Trish. Congratulations to your daughter and husband.

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim’s in the morning as well.

Kim said...

It is my intention to walk in the morning with you.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to Hannah.

I hope to be out tomorrow morning.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim’s Saturday morning. Sharon and Aiko may join us afterwards for tea.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

Anyone interested in the PATH?

Leverne

Olwyn said...

...I may not be out in the morning, it's starting to snow...so may go later in the day. If I'm up and all is well I'll join the group, otherwise, please don't wait for me. :-)

Jan said...

I plan to be at Tim's this morning - seems like ages since I've been there.

Have a wonderful day Trish - sending happy thoughts to you and your family!

Jan said...

I just walked from Woodbine - it's bloody cold out. I think I'm going to pass on walking tonight.

Lynne said...

I won't be out tonight. It's down to the wire packing!

lucy said...

We have company tonight, so we won't be out. Good luck packing, Lynne!

Helen said...

Well, I see that my daughter has signed me out and signed herself in, so that last comment comes from Helen not Lucy.

Anonymous said...

Count me out
Leverne

Helen said...

It's Doc Soup night for us, so we won't be at Occasions. Stay warm!