Thursday 21 February 2019

Walks: Sat. Feb 23 to Wed. Feb. 27


Angel, oh angel, can you do anything about the weather?
Join us this week for the last walks in what has been a dismal February for walking. And do a little rain, sleet, ice, and snow dance for some good walking weather.

Saturday at Tim's at 8 am for whatever seems safe and fun – maybe more of us will get to see the Winter Stations on the beach this week.

Sunday at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.

Theoretical Monday (at Loblaws) and Wednesday (at Occasions) walks at 6:30 pm – do check the comments to see if the weather has once again made us change our time, place, or minds.

Wednesday morning at 9:00 am at Loblaws with a confirming email coming from Charlotte.

And that's a quick post from Helen, filling in for Susan this week. Now I'll share more pictures – including the "Surprisees" last Saturday and their surprise guest. Happy 35th Anniversary, Barbara and Ian! A great time was had by all.

More scenes from our recent PATH walks...
Game of Thrones, Canadian Edition
Surprise!

18 comments:

Helen said...

I’ll have to miss Saturday due to Get is he Jump on Spring at the Toronto Botanical Garden—selling our last few garden journals. It’s Seedy Saturday there, too. Details are in my latest Toronto Gardens post.

Helen said...

That’s Get *the* Jump on Spring.

Sharon KJ said...

I am signing in to go for a walk tomorrow. I'll check in later to see if there will be others. Barb, I'll come get you.

SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

Sharon and Barb, I plan on walking from Tim's tomorrow...see you there...and yes Helen, a good time was had by all at Barb & Ian's 35th Wedding Anniversary Surprise!

Charlotte said...

I plan to walk on Saturday, hope the weather co-operates.

Unknown said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Supposed to be doing the Polar Bear Walk at the zoo. Hoping that their paths will be well cleared of ice. Have a great weekend everyone.

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tomorrow. Enjoy your walk, Trish.

Ruth

Dranna said...

I will be at Tim’s in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to give it a try in the morning
Leverne

Barbara Brown said...

I hope to be out also. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Anonymous said...

Just in case anyone is thinking of walking tonight....I'm not, it's too cold,icy and windy for me.

Lynne

Jan said...

Anybody thinking of walking tonight? I could easily be talked out of it even though I need to walk off a "few" pina coladas...

Helen said...

I was out earlier today, and the sidewalks are very touch-and-go, with thin, invisible ice slicks. Added to the wind and darkness factors, I'm not eager to walk tonight. When will it end, doctor???

Jan said...

OK you talked me out of it! add to that the weather forecast is for snow squalls starting at 7pm - ok I'm out.

Anonymous said...

I'm out!
Leverne

Helen said...

After a white-knuckle drive back from the far reaches of Downsview with Jan, I can say without hesitation (although with some regret) that I am not walking tonight. AGAIN.

Lynne said...

Ditto what Helen said.

Anonymous said...

Staying safe and warm inside
Leverne