Thursday 14 February 2019

Walks - Saturday Feb. 16 - Wednesday Feb. 20

Coffee with Friends - always enjoyable

Well, I don't know about you but this weather....

Let's pretend that Saturday will be a walkable morning and plan to meet at Tim's at 8:00 am. Plan to walk a short or longer distance but do plan to walk. Looking forward to seeing you then.

Other walks scheduled during the week:
Sunday at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.
Monday is Family Day - I suggest meeting at Tim's (Lakeshore & Leslie) at 9:00 am and walk to check out the installations along the waterfront. I believe they will be ready for Monday (but not on Saturday). 
Wednesday evening (Occasions) at 6:30 pm - the evening walks are weather dependent.
Wednesday morning at 9:00 am at Loblaws with a confirming email coming from Charlotte.
Sign in, sign up and enjoy a bit of time outside.

Announcements: from Libby: The Spring Roster (formerly Harry’s) 8 k is a fun race the first weekend in April. The medal is really great for this one. The last year for the Angus Glen Series kicks off the same day with the 10 miler - great jacket for this one. Both races are local. A great way to kick off the season!

Lots going on: 
1. Folks moving into condos. The big moves continue over the next few weeks and into March. We wish you all the best in your new homes.
2. Some folks are ill or injured or recovering from surgery - we send our very best to you for a speedy and full recovery. I'm pleased to report that Niki is doing well after surgery and is now home. 
3. Some folks are preparing for weddings - marrying off their daughters - how lovely.
4. Some folks are preparing for the arrival of a grandchild - a very special event.
5. Some folks are travelling or just getting ready to go - safe travels to all. I'll be heading away and wish to thank Helen, in advance, for doing the blog in my absence.
6. Libby is training with Lee - regardless of the conditions, they git'r done. Check this link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyR1KtBhA8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qncin33eb49z
7. Margy and Rainer did the 5km in the St Petersburg Distant Classic. As the race started, the sun was rising over Tampa Bay it was 7:00am ... what a fantastic view from downtown St Petersburg .... it was very mild with temperatures of 24C. Margy came in 2nd in her age category and finished 188 out of 286 finishers .... Rainer came in 4th in his age category, so no prize for the old boy.



See you Saturday.








26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I’ll be walking tomorrow but may joining you for offer.

Dawn

Stacey said...

This is my weekend with my grandkids - so no walking for me on Saturday. Monday though! I can be there on Monday! Hope to see you all then.

Susan said...

I will walk on Saturday, weather permitting.

Will not be out on Monday.

Olwyn said...

Is that grass under Margy and Rainer's feet?!? I can't quite remember what that looks like.... I won't be out on Saturday; another late night at the opera tonight and tomorrow.....it'll be over soon, and I'll be back out again. Not sure if I'll make it out on Monday or not; if I wake up early, I'll be there. Happy, and safe, walking everyone!

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out on Saturday, going to walk around my neighbourhood, but plan on walking on Monday...see you then folks. Great photo Margy and Rainer...nice not to be wearing your winter gear!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning, hoping for some clear sidewalks. And I plan to walk on Monday. Sounds like Stacey will get more exercise than the rest of us - have a great time.

Ruth

Lynne said...

Anyone interested in doing the PATH again tomorrow?

Helen said...

Bob and I would be good with the PATH.

Lynne said...

Ok. Shall we meet at yours? If its just us I can drive.

Helen said...

Great, Lynne. Of course, anyone is welcome to join us. We'll see in the morning how many we are.

Unknown said...

I won't be out Saturday morning. Hope to join the gang Monday. Will confirm. Have a great Family Day Weekend everyone.

Barbara Brown said...

I will join the PATH group.. see you in the morning.

Kim said...

I will walk the path also. I can meet at bob and Helen’s too.

Sharon KJ said...

Barb and I will do the PATH, too. We'll meet the others at Bob and Helen's before 7:45.

SKJ

Susan said...

Change of plans - not walking on Saturday. Looks like many folks are doing the PATH, so I think I'll stay home.

Happy Family Day weekend.

Charlotte said...

I think I will also pass on this morning, but would like to walk on Monday.

Libby said...

I hope to be out at Tim's monday- perhaps in hiking boots and/or Yak Traks. Would like to see the installations along the waterfront

Lynne said...

I am going to wait and see what the morning brings, weatherwise.
Lynne

Helen said...

Also reserving judgement till tomorrow‘s weather makes itself known.

Libby said...

Okay..snow an issue yet again...will walk from home when weather clears

Anonymous said...

Won't be out this morning. Have a safe walk.
Lynne

Lou-Ann said...

I am also not walking as the snow is covering up the slippery spots...it does look pretty though...be safe out there!

Charlotte said...

Marie & I plan to walk this morning starting at 9:15 for a short one.

Deanna said...

Okay, now this just sucks. Sabotaged yet again.

Helen said...

Not coming out on Monday morning. If you go, be safe.

Helen said...

Although it's possible we'd dodge the icy rain tonight, I think we'll pass on this evening's walk. Too much going on at home right now.