Friday 22 March 2019

Walks: Sat. March 23 to Wed. March 27

Conquering the last of the snow
Hey, Shore Things, let's meet on Saturday for the first spring walk at Tim's! It looks like it will be just what the doctor ordered to put the Spring back in our steps.

Other options:
Sunday morning at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street - join in.
Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) evenings at 6:30 pm - as usual, weather permitting.
Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's - usually Charlotte sends a confirming email to the regulars in this group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.


From Libby:

Great News on the racing front this week!. A group of six (so far) have committed to a Half Marathon this fall - The Corning Half - Training will start slowly in July and ramping up. They look forward to lots of company on their training walks! Anyone else interested in joining them. It is a great race, good scenery, with a lovely glass medal!

The blog sidebar is now up-to-date with races until November. As always, please let Libby know when you sign up for races and if you have ideas on new ones!

Wishing all our injured, ill or away friends the very best. We hope to see you back with us soon!

I (that is, Helen) will be filling in for Susan for a few weeks, so email me if you have something to share. Cheers!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

My plan is to be out in the morning. Susan, hope everything is well with you.

Anonymous said...

Me too, I'll be there,
Val

Anonymous said...

I hope to be there too.

Dawn

Olwyn said...

Planning on being out in the morning for a walk and a coffee! Susan, hope everything is okay ~

Barbara Brown said...

I plan to be out tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Eva said...

I plan to be there for the morning walk, coffee and catch up.

Helen said...

Boy, between the time I wrote the post and now, the Weather Network sure changed their tune about Saturday's weather. But we'll be out on Saturday, nevertheless.

For everyone's peace of mind, I don't think Susan will mind me saying that she'll be sidelined for a few weeks for some elective surgery. She'll be back, feeling much more comfortable, as soon as she can.

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim’s in the morning as well.

Lou-Ann said...

Will see you in the morning...speedy recovery Susan! Happy Spring everyone!

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning too.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

A flu or virus bug finally found me after 4 years without even a cold. So I'll be tucked in this weekend. Enjoy your walk and see you next week.
Sheila

Lynne said...

I'm reserving judgement on walking tomorrow. The wind is bitterly cold. I'll see how it is in the morning.

Eva said...

I think I will follow Lynne's insights. It felt really cold walking Bella this evening... I will decide tomorrow morning.

Jan said...

I plan on coming out this morning.

Eva said...

I will not be able to walk this morning. Have a great walk.

Kim said...

Also not walking this morning. See you all next Saturday.

Jan said...

Anybody walking tonight? I plan on it if anyone else is around.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't make it tonight
Leverne

Lynne said...

My blind man is just finishing up so I'm going to skip walking this evening.

Kim said...

Not walking tonight. Not home from work.

Anonymous said...

I'm up for a walk tonight
Leverne

Helen said...

I'm pretty sure we're good to go tonight.

Jan said...

Count me in (I think)