Thursday 28 March 2019

Walks: Saturday, March 30 to Wednesday, April 3

Happy to see some good walking weather!
The Weather Network tells me that the r**n will exhaust itself overnight, so come one and all to Tim's to march out March – whatever distance you like, as training has not yet kicked in.

Here's the boilerplate info for other options during the week:


  • Sunday morning at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street.
  • Monday (Loblaws, Gerrard/Vic Park) and Wednesday (Occasions) evenings at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks!
  • Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's – usually Charlotte sends a confirming email to the regulars in this group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.

For this week from Libby:

Registration opens March 29 for the Lululemon Toronto 10K – formerly Waterfront 10K – held on June 15. The race shirt is a great one from Lululemon and the race does have a waterfront course. Limited training for 10K so consider signing up. Numbers are capped at 10000 and it is popular. Finally it appears the ice has gone and spring has sprung!
Very true, Libby!

To all Shore Things who are away, for whatever reason, we wish you well! That includes our own Susan, who is recovering slowly but determinedly at home. Her report: "My surgery went well, with no surprises, but recovery will take 6-12 weeks – thanks to everyone for your concern." I'll be filling in for her a while longer, so keep those photos and bits of news rolling in.

See you at Tim's

21 comments:

Deanna said...

I will not be out this weekend or next. See you in April.

Helen said...

We’re planning to be at Tim’s on Saturday. See you there!

Olwyn said...

I'll be out in the morning at 8....for 8k! Fingers crossed for a sunny, warm day!

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tomorrow. Jamie and I have been laid up with a bronchial pneumonia-type virus for over a week. He's a few days behind me, but I'm finally up, out of bed and hoping to be "back at it" next week.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

According to the weather network there is a 90% chance of rain at 8am tomorrow in which case I will not be out. If they're wrong I may be out.

Lou-Ann said...

I plan on walking, however if I wake up to rain I will be pulling up the covers and snoozing...

Unknown said...

Helen, your weather report is more optimistic than mine. Not looking good but fingers crossed. Will make final decision at 730am.

Sharon KJ said...

Me, myself and I have been listening to the weather reports all day. It does not look promising and we don't have enough umbrellas for the three of us. I will speak for all of us and say that we will be staying in tomorrow morning.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking too, provided it isn’t raining.

Barb S.

Olwyn said...

Hmmmm....think I may stay home where it's warm and dry in the morning ~ looks like rain....or even s**w! NO!

Helen said...

Remind me never to make weather predictions when I'm writing the blog on Thursday nights. If it's raining, we will be avoiding it by staying home. To be determined Saturday morning...

Unknown said...

Too wet for me. thinking bed the better option. See you next week. Have a good weekend everyone.

Helen said...

What Trish just said.

Jan said...

Call me a fair-weather walker butWalker but I think I'll stay home today - does not look pleasant out there. Im

Anonymous said...

anyone walking tonight?
Leverne

Helen said...

We’re going to be walking, Leverne. Loblaws or elsewhere?

Jan said...

I'm in.

Anonymous said...

I am without wheels, so Loblaws suits me
Leverne

Jan said...

Could we meet in your 'hood Leverne?

Helen said...

No one else has signed in, so we could walk in your area, Leverne, or we could come pick you up.

Anonymous said...

I'm fine with either, see you at 6:25
Leverne