Thursday 3 January 2019

Walks - Saturday Jan 5 - Wednesday Jan. 9

Inspiring - Congratulations Norma and Ruth

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. We'll be there rain, snow or shine. Hope you will join us.
Congratulations to Norma, Ruth and Trish who competed in races over the holidays. You made us proud, as always. Well done. 

Walk schedule:
Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am
Monday evening (Loblaws) and Wednesday evening (Occasions) walkers meet at 6:30 pm.
Day time, mid-week walkers tend to meet on Wednesday morning at 9:00 am at Tim's. Charlotte sends a reminder message to the regulars!

Sign in, join in and enjoy a walk with friends.

I know that some folks have been battling flu and colds - We send you our best "get-well" message and hope that you will soon be able to join us again. We miss you. Some folks are travelling. We hope you are enjoying your travels and look forward to hearing your stories.  So far, I see that Margy was eating at McDonald's on Christmas Day while driving to Florida - what a way to celebrate!

A reminder - a race is a great motivator - sign up, talk it up, and train with friends. Remember that the greatest wealth is your health - walking is one big step towards good health. Please let Libby know if you find a race that inspires you. 

Happy New Year to all - wishing you health, happiness and peace.


Inspiring - Sea Wall walk - Congratulations Trish

23 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday and look forward to seeing some of you then.

Anonymous said...

Happy Ney Year tonall! Not sure if I’ll be at Tim’s tomorrow - it’s still under consideration......

Dawn

Olwyn said...

Happy New Year! Congrats to Trish, Norma and Ruth on your holiday races; well done! I'm planning on being out Saturday morning at 8 for a walk, talk, and coffee!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out - still trying to walk off all those holiday treats.

Ruth

Lynne said...

I am planning on walking tomorrow. Hope this lovely weather continues,
Happy New Year everyone,

Jan said...

I am hoping to be out tomorrow, if I sleep well - still battling the plague. If i'm not there by 8:00 don't wait for me.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Saturday morning.

Barb S.

Helen said...

Hoping to be out for a short walk on Saturday because we’ll miss both Monday (moving day) and Wednesday (Doc Soup) this week. Looking forward to getting back into the groove!

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow morning
Leverne

Lou-Ann said...

Surprise, surprise...happy 2019 ladies and gents...I will be out for a short walk and a very quick coffee tomorrow...looking forward to seeing my friends and getting back to walking!

Unknown said...

I don't think I'll be out tomorrow. We need to promise someone a ride next week to get me up and out. Have a good walk everyone.

Unknown said...

Anyone out Monday nite, Jan 7th? Would love to walk, weather pending...
Karin Smith

Susan said...

I will walk if no rain/snow. See you there

Helen said...

Just to confirm: Bob and I won’t be out. Moving day.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out if there is rain or icy snow
Leverne

Kim said...

I won’t be out tonight. I will likely be out next on Saturday morning. Sick of being sick.

Jan said...

I was planning on coming out tonight but forecast looks crummy. If not raining or snowing I'll come out - I'll check in again around 5:30.

Lynne said...

I won't be out tonight, it's too cold & blustery and my nose won't stop running...

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Not walking tonight, it's too cold
Leverne

Susan said...

I hate cancelling but I agree with Leverne - too cold; too windy.

Wednesday is Doc Soup so I'll walk in the morning.

Jan said...

Sorry Karin I just stepped outside and it feels pretty cold, not to mention forecast says rain or snow starting at 7. It's supposed to be +5 tomorrow morning so I think I'll try then.

Unknown said...

Anyone out tonight? Wednesday?

Anonymous said...

Hey Karin, not tonight for me, see you next week.
Leverne