Friday 28 December 2018

Walks - Saturday Dec. 29 - Wednesday Jan. 2

Happy Holidays

Well, here we are planning the final walks of 2018 - hard to believe. Join us for the walk, the talk and the coffee on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am. The distance is whatever suits you and the weather.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am - Consider joining in.

Monday 9:00 AM - if anyone is interested in walking on Monday morning, let's meet at Tim's (Lakeshore). I'm not sure if folks are interested in Monday's walk so please sign in and let others know.

Wednesday walkers will meet at Tim's at 9:00 am. Again, please sign in and join in.

The schedule is a little hit and miss with the holidays.....with many folks travelling .... and others who are busy entertaining family and friends.  Soon we will be back to our regularly scheduled walks. Bear with us.

If you have been missing in action, this is the perfect time to step back into action. We are looking forward to seeing you again. 

Now that 2019 is upon us, it is time to get serious about some walking and fitness goals for the year ahead. What motivates you to get up and move? Interested in losing a few pounds? Does a race inspire you to train and travel? Are you interested in a challenge? Want to hike the Bruce Trail, end to end? I read about a gentleman who was celebrating his 100th birthday - he had hiked the Bruce Trail, end to end, twice, during his 80s - WOW - amazing!  What's your plan? Let's get thinking and discussing ways to keep us motivated to move.

Happy New Year - celebrate the end of 2018 and may 2019 be an especially good year for you. ...with lots of adventure and the pleasure of special times with family and friends. I think we have a few folks moving to new accommodations; some will undoubtably travel to interesting places;  we have weddings coming, and perhaps a grandchild or two is expected - life is good. And, as we know, life brings challenges too....

Be safe; keep well; see you Saturday.







30 comments:

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

Happy New Year everyone! I won’t be out on Saturday as I am in Ottawa. I am looking forward to getting back into a walking (and life!) routine. See you all soon.

Unknown said...

Wishing everyone the very best for 2019. I won't be out Saturday. My flight departs at 8am so I will wave to you all. As Stacey says, am looking forward to getting back into the routine.

Susan said...

See you Saturday - I plan to do a short walk and a long coffee.

Happy New Year

Unknown said...

I’ll be out for a short walk and long talk too ��

Jan said...

I'll be out - have to walk off all of the chocolate I got (and ate!).

Libby said...

I hope to be out..be nice to blow off the jet lag

Olwyn said...

I'm planning on being out Saturday morning, and I'll be joining Susan and Eileen for a short walk and a long coffee! Happy New Year to all!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out - looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

I'll pick up Barb and see everyone at 8.

SKJ

Marie Guney said...

I am still sick, so I cannot walk tomorrow. Marie

Anonymous said...

I will be out too - thanks Sharon.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

Helen is sidelined with a cold but I should be out for a needed walk.

Bob

Jan said...

Oh dear - hope it's not THE cold - still coughing....

Anonymous said...

I will be out this morning
Leverne

Deanna said...

I will be there. See you soon.

Kim said...

I have a bad cold so i’m Going to pass this morning.

Susan said...

MONDAY ANNOUNCEMENT
Walk on Monday morning starts at 9:00 am - Tim's Lakeshore.

Charlotte said...

I am in for walks Monday and Wednesday mornings, Tim's at 9am.

Jan said...

Change of plans - this cold/cough has really worn me out - I won't be out tomorrow morning. Hopefully Wednesday.

Kim said...

Have to work Monday and Wednesday, so see you all next Saturday. Happy New Year. ❤️

Anonymous said...

I will be out for a walk too. Maybe Sharon too.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

I will be out this morning,
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Sharon will be ou too.

Barb S.

Helen said...

Happy new year everyone! I thought that Bob had signed us out for the Monday morning walk, but I see that he hasn’t. You’ll know by now that we didn’t make it. I’m still coughing, and we have a lot of packing to do to move Bob‘s maman into her retirement residence. This means we probably won’t make it on Wednesday either, but that’s still to be determined. Hope you all had a great walk and a wonderful start to 2019.

Jan said...

Cough is keeping me from sleeping so I'm going to say now that I won't be out tomorrow morning. Sick of being sick!!

Helen said...

Wednesday is a big packing day for us, so we'll be getting our steps in in other ways. Not sure about Saturday yet... Moving day is Monday. See you all sometime soon, though.

Susan said...

I won't be walking on Wednesday - I am going to Dundas to pick up a little visitor.

Happy New Year to all. Peace, health & happiness.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out Wednesday, visiting family
Leverne

Kim said...

I am unlikely to be out Saturday morning because I seem to be getting more sick, not less. Nevertheless, Happy New Year. I’ll be back when i’m Feeling better.