Thursday 24 January 2019

Walks - Saturday Jan. 26 - Wednesday Jan. 30

Baby, its cold outside

Plan AJoin us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's. It might be cold; it might be slippery....just saying. I suspect that some will walk from this destination regardless....

Plan B - if the weather is bad and the sidewalks are unsafe, some folks might prefer to meet downtown and walk the PATH. Park at City Hall and walk from there to Union to the Bay and/or to the CBC building and/or to the CN Tower.  Leave coats in car (just a small unheated passage to go through between the parking lot and the Thomson building). At least it is dry and safe underfoot!

Please sign in so that others know your plans.

The weather has made it difficult to get outside for walks - surely next week will be better. So here are the other options:

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am

Day time week day walkers meet at Tim's on Wednesday at 9:00 am.  Charlotte will send a confirming email. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.

Evening walkers meet at 6:30 at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). 
Sign in - Join in

Announcements: from Libby - Robbie Burns Race is this Sunday in what promises to be another snowy January day. Best of luck to all the Racers. Stay safe on the course.
Old man weather has certainly thrown us lots of action this week. Fortunately (or Not) there are no training schedules in progress. Stay safe everyone.

Perhaps time to plan for a race in late spring- marathon or half anyone?

To those travelling (lucky folks), enjoy. To those who are injured, ill or recovering, we send you our best wishes and hope you will soon be back in action.





23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't be out walking tomorrow morning and my best excuse excepting for the weather, is that I have an appointment with my lawyer!! Yea - condo here I come!!!

Dawn

Eileen said...

I plan to be there for 8:00, check out conditions and decide whether to walk then. However if I’m not there, don’t wait ��

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be at Tim's at 8. Distance TBD..depends on ice conditions..short walk at best.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Saturday morning; working tonight and tomorrow at the opera; stay safe and warm everyone!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out unless the few signed up cancel..I'll check the blog in the morning.

Sheila

Helen said...

The streets are really slippery, so for us it’s either the PATH or just show up for coffee. Can’t afford any broken bones right now!

Lynne said...

We, Lynne & Leverne, are interested in the PATH for the morning, not interested in slipping and cracking our heads.

Sharon KJ said...

I'm with Helen. There is a lot of black ice that is disguised as fluffy snow (I learned from experience). I am going to pass. Be safe!

SKJ

Unknown said...

I won't be out tomorrow morning as it's Robbie Burns on Sunday (I will be checking road and weather conditions before making a final commitment). Stay safe and warm everyone.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday morning. I will just walk to my neighborhood coffee shop.

Barb S.

Libby said...

Change of plans..Arlene and I will save our energy for Robbie Burns Su day and will give tomorrow a miss..stay safe and warm

Susan said...

Unlikely to come walking on Saturday. Too cold; too icy.

Stay safe everyone. Good luck to the Robbie Burns folks - I hope the weather is kind to you.

Lou-Ann said...

Wow, life really throws us curves with this ice...didn't seem long ago we were fearless, however I am not that way now, steady and careful. I will not be out tomorrow as I have a friend from out of town staying at our house that I wish to visit with, but I would not doing icy walkways. Be safe out there...and all the best to the Robbie Burns friends, always enjoyed that race, especially when it was not freezing cold!!!!!!

Jan said...

I'm interested in the Path - we did 8k last week walking from City Hall to CBC to Union back to end of the Skywalk, then to The Bay and back to City Hall (with a break at McDonalds for coffee!)

Warm and dry, and since none of the stores are open, unimpeded.

Anonymous said...

I'm canceling too. I was down at Ashbridges Bay last night...roads and path like a skating rink.
Sheila

Unknown said...

For the first time ever, didn't start a race I had signed up for. Wind chill and snow covered slushy streets were just too much for me and my knees this morning. Need to be able to wear the heels I bought to the wedding.

Jan said...

Looks like another no-go tonight, with snow starting at 10 this morning and lasting all day and 50 km/h wind gusts. Count me out! Wish it weren't so expensive at the Monarch park track.

Susan said...

I'm in agreement with Jan. Another no-go tonight.

Helen said...

And I’ll be driving across town anyway to deliver a garden talk in Parkdale— wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Helen, maybe we'll have better conditions on Wed
Leverne

Susan said...

I won't be out tonight - it is too cold for me. Fingers crossed for Saturday and for warmer weather.

Helen said...

Looking at the forecast, I’ve come down with a serious attack of the weathers. Will be indoors, avoiding tonight’s winds and windchill. The extreme cold is supposed to lift on Friday, so hoping for better things on the weekend. Stay warm!

Jan said...

Between weather and work I am not walking tonight!