Thursday 17 January 2019

Walks - Saturday Jan. 19 - Wednesday Jan. 23



Plan A - Join us at Tim's at 8:00 am on Saturday for a walk, a chat and a coffee. We don't need to go far but we do need to get out and move.

Plan B - if the weather is bad and the sidewalks are unsafe, some folks might prefer to meet downtown and walk the PATH. According to Jan,  last year we parked at City Hall and walked from there to Union to the Bay and/or to the CBC building and/or to the CN Tower.  We left our coats in the car (just a small unheated passage to go through between the parking lot and the Thomson building) and were warm and dry and safe underfoot!

So please sign in and state your destination so that others will know. Sometimes the weather forecast is worse than the weather......but it is good to have a Plan B.

Other walks during the week:
Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am.
Mid-week daytime walkers meet at Tim's at 9:00 am on Wednesday.
Mid-week evening walkers meet at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday) at 6:30 pm - weather permitting.

Let's keep moving all winter - sign in and join in.

Announcements: from Libby - The wait was unBEARable!  Anyone interested in a short Zoo Walk? Distances are 1 or 5K. The medal - OMG -  the medal! Check it out on the race roster website.  Move Your Paws for the Polar Bear Cause 5k & 1k Run/Walk  medal, featuring Juno! Every participant will receive one at the finish line. Register to join us on February 23rd and earn yours!  

Sporting Life 10K on May 12 is gaining interest. Price increases on the 15th of each month! Trish signed up at early prices. Anyone else interested?
https://raceroster.com/events/2018/15318/move-your-paws-for-the-polar-bear-cause-5k-1k-runwalk-2018

I read somewhere this week that 1 cupcake = 5 km brisk walking - Yikes - some of us are in trouble.

See you Saturday.
Look Whose Back in Action!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the current forecast, it is most likely that I won’t be at Tim’s tomorrow morning..

Dawn

Stacey said...

This is my weekend with the grandies so I won’t be out Saturday. See you next week!

Anonymous said...

I'm not back in Toronto until late Monday and plan to join you Wednesday and Saturday next week. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon,
Sheila

Olwyn said...

If the weather is okay, I'll be at Tim's at 8; if not, I won't be! I likely won't walk the PATH tomorrow, as I have to work downtown later in the day. Safe walking everyone!

Lou-Ann said...

If the weather is ok I will be out at Tim's for 8:00...

Susan said...

I won't be joining you on Saturday - hope you have a good walk whichever location is chosen.

Kim said...

I am looking forward to some kind of human connection tomorrow. Anything will do. Slug Kim

Lou-Ann said...

I think I am going to say right now that I will NOT be out, think sleeping in a warm bed for an extra hour sounds good to me right now! Happy walking friends!

Helen said...

Regretfully, Bob and I will miss Saturday's walk – too much happening on the condo sale front. Stay safe and warm, my friends!

Jan said...

Looks like Trish, Kim, Leverne, Lynne??, and I are heading to the Path - anybody else? -12 and snow does not sound appealing - I do not need a broken leg, arm or whatever.

Charlotte said...

It promises to be VERY COLD, so don't look for me at Tim's tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will not be out Saturday morning.

Barb S.

Olwyn said...

It's 7:30am on Saturday and I'm going to do a short walk from home; it's starting to snow, so playing it safe! Stay warm everyone!

Susan said...

Yikes - this weather - I am bailing for tonight - I suspect many others will call in cold too.

Jan said...

I am certainly not going out in -20 - Ray and I walked about 4 blocks to a restaurant Friday night and my face froze.

Count me out tonight

Helen said...

We won’t be out tonight, either.

Anonymous said...

oh dear, Lynne and I were hoping for a nice brisk walk, hehehe
Leverne

Jan said...

Just walked up to East General and back and confirmed that I am NOT going out tonight - sidewalks are really slippery, and when I was walking north I thought my face would fall off!

Jan said...

Hmm, another lousy forecast - rain all day.....

Anonymous said...

Can't think anyone would be mad enough to walk tonight. Slippery and wet
Leverne

Susan said...

I'm not slipping tonight either

Helen said...

As if it needed to be said, we will be avoiding the inclement weather tonight, too.