Thursday 31 January 2019

Walks - Saturday Feb. 2 - Wednesday Feb. 6

Congratulations to our Robbie Burns racers
Medal is well deserved

Let's pretend that Saturday will bring milder temperatures, clear enough sidewalks and the opening of Farm Boy (across from Tim's) - how could you resist joining us?  Let's meet at 8:00 am for a short walk, coffee with friends and check out the new store (and maybe free samples). Yes, indeed, that is life in the fast lane - I look forward to seeing you then.

Our Robbie Burns racers did really well despite the cold and the conditions. Libby and Arlene deserve special mention - guiding and being guided in a race with slush and slippery conditions is really tough - well done, ladies. I stand in awe of you both. They finished the 8 km in 1:08:05. Ruth finished  in 1:03. Dianne Broad finished in 1:03 with dry feet in her new shoes (what brand are those shoes, Dianne?). Nice to see successful results, ladies. You are all impressive and inspiring.

Trish wisely decided to withdraw thinking of her starring role as Mother of the Bride and those damn high heels she plans to wear - good choice, Trish.

The weather in the past two weeks has challenged some of us but I, for one, want to get outside and move again. Hence, this list of the usual walks during the week:

Sunday walkers meet at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street.
Evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). This Wednesday is Doc Soup so several of the regular walkers will be missing in action.
Day time walkers meet on Wednesday mornings - Charlotte sends a confirming email.

Keep well and be safe and warm.  See you Saturday.
Warm up treat

18 comments:

P Dawn said...

Congrats to all the Robbie Burns walkers. Double congrats for doing it in that weather.

I will not be out tomorrow morning - still packing furiously! Also, I have never considered porridge any kind of treat, but Im sure some of you to.

Be extra careful tomorrow morning. I believe its on Sunday that we might get above freezing....

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Saucony Razor Ice+ (in answer to the question about Dianne's shoes).

I plan to (finally) make it out tomorrow morning. Good luck with packing, Dawn. I suspect it is an even better aerobic exercise than the walking we'll be doing.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

Hi All; congrats to the Robbie Burns racers, and congrats to Dawn who chooses warm packing over freezing walking! I won't be out (again) tomorrow morning, as I'm working late tonight and Saturday. Hope to be back out soon; safe walking everyone!

Lou-Ann said...

Well done "Robbie Burns" walkers...I must say I do love those pj's though! I will not be out tomorrow as will be out later tonight (Supertramp Classic Album Concert) so don't want to hinder my fun tonight so I can get up early in the morning (if you know what I mean)… Safe walking everyone and enjoy Farm Boy tomorrow, it is a great store!

Susan said...

Have fun, Lou Ann - sounds great - enjoy your rockin' evening.

To those who are packing, and there are several of you, the end is in sight. All your work will be rewarded in the next week or two.

I plan to walk on Saturday and look forward to seeing folks and to getting outside at last.



Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Robbie Burns walkers. Sharon and I will be at Tim’s Saturday morning.

Barb S.

Unknown said...

Congrats to the hearty souls who did the Robbie Burns. Way to go! I won't be out tomorrow morning. While you walk and Dawn packs, I will be filling balloons with helium hoping to make them look like the bubbles coming out of a giant inflatable champagne bottles. Pictures is successful. Stay warm and be safe everyone.

Jan said...

Looks like Lynne, Leverne, Kim, Helen & Bob and I are going down to the Path again. Yes wewe' wimps!! But hopefully wimps with all our limbs intact!

Eva said...

Good luck packing Dawn... I won't be out tomorrow since I am still under the weather... these cold days are no fun at all. Unlike me, Bella loves the snow.

Jan said...

Anybody thinking of walking tonight? I wouldn't mind but the forecast has rain starting at 6pm.....

Helen said...

I'm happy to walk if it isn't raining – watching the weather to see what unfolds.

Susan said...

I went around noon so won't be out tonight - if you can get out before the rain, go - felt like spring compared to our recent weather.

And, I won't be out on Wednesday due to Doc Soup.

Kim said...

I’ll walk if it isn’t raining.

Jan said...

Anybody thinking of walking tonight? I wouldn't mind but the forecast has rain starting at 6pm.....

Jan said...

oops sorry about the duplicate message.

I just texted Lynne - Leverne is away, so I was wondering if we could get away a bit early as the rain is scheduled to start around 6pm

Jan said...

Lynne is not walking tonight so it looks like just the 4 of us so maybe we can go early even 5 or 5:15?? and walk in the 'hood - sorry Kim I'm talking about our 'hood (majority rules) - so we can dodge back quickly if need be??

Helen said...

Bob and I can do that. Maybe just after 5?

Helen said...

We won't be out on Wednesday – not because of the weather, but because it's Doc Soup night. Stay safe!