Thursday 1 November 2018

Walks - Saturday Nov. 3 - Wednesday Nov. 7

Designed to Please

Just a tad damp this week but don't let that hold you back - Join us on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am - at least for coffee - although a walk and coffee would be better. Distance may be defined by the weather. That said, there will be a distance that is just right for you. I promise.

Other options:
Sunday morning walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am
Week day walkers meet Wednesday at 9:00 am at Tim's - this week, we were the weekday coffee drinkers....rainy weather.....
Week night evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). There may be some interest in rescheduling Wednesday evening's walk as it is Doc Soup evening. 
As always, sign in and let others know your plans.

Sunday is the New York City Marathon - we send Dianne Broad our very best wishes for another great race. Anyone interested in throwing their name in for the NYC lottery for 2019? Fabulous race; great course - definitely should be on your bucket list - even if you just go to cheer on a friend.

Announcements: from Trish: - Nov. 10, 6:00 pm is the Shorethings Year End Party - good food, good friends and medals, medals, medals. Hope to see you there.

from Libby: Please put your thinking caps on for races of interest next year. The blog sidebar has been updated with  2019 race registration information, where available. Libby is happy to add any new races of interest. 
Races of any length stimulate us to keep our walking pace strong. Improved fitness remains our goal as our time clock marches on!

from the Rumour Mill - I actually heard the words "full marathon" mentioned just the other day. WOW - incredible - what an opportunity - Dream big or go home.  What's your preferred destination for your next marathon?

Dublin, Berlin, Portugal - marathons happening in 2019.
Half marathon cross Canada tour.....doing one in each Province.
Opportunities are limitless.

To those of you who are travelling, be safe and look forward to hearing your travel stories.
To those who are injured, ill or ailing - please take care - we miss you and hope to see you soon. Deanna - how are you healing - is the end in sight?


Couldn't resist this photo.....

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan to be there.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Me too...

Val

Susan said...

Me three...

Helen said...

We'll be there.

Lynne said...

Won't be out tomorrow going to a cottage this week-end.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out too.

Ruth

Libby said...

I plan to walk tomorrow- Arlene as well

Charlotte said...

I will be out for coffee and to collect calendar money.

Olwyn said...

I probably won't be out Saturday morning; working again ~ stay warm and dry everyone! Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend at the party!

Unknown said...

I'll be out in the morning as long as the rain isn't. Sick of being sick and it's only November.

Jan said...

I plan to be out - hope the rain holds off

Sharon KJ said...

Barb and I are the walking wounded. However, well be out for tea/coffee.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Will be there..
Margy/Rainer

Anonymous said...

Not walking in the rain, Leverne

Unknown said...

I'm coming but hoping rain stops. Bringing a book just in case.
Trish

Jan said...

I'm going to be a fair-weather walker and give it a miss this morning.

Helen said...

We’re going to give it a miss because of the rain. We’ll get our steps in helping our daughter move today. Stay safe!

Unknown said...

Staying home, Trish

Anonymous said...

Pouring so will come for coffee....,8.30ish..id nobody there then a Freshco experience I guess!
Margy

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Not walking this morning.

Stacey said...

Too wet for me! I'll get my steps in with Alice when the rain stops. See you in 2 weeks..

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will not be coming out for tea this morning.

Barb S

Jan said...

I plan on walking tonight - anyone else?

Helen said...

I need the walk tonight, so yes count me in.

Anonymous said...

I will be out
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be out too.

Susan said...

Doc Soup for me tonight so I won't be walking from Occasions.

Helen said...

Doc Soup for us, too. See everyone on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Lynne and leverne are wimping out
Leverne