Thursday 22 November 2018

Walks - Saturday Nov. 24 - Wednesday Nov. 28

Happy Campers

We'll be meeting at Loblaws (south entrance) again this week - Join us at 8:00 am on Saturday for a walk on what promises to be a milder morning. The fresh air and the morning sun are good for all that ails you - so come out and join in.

By the way, if you have been missing in action, this is the perfect time to start walking again. The distance is relatively short and the pace is relatively moderate - so we look forward to seeing you soon.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am
Mid week day time walkers meet at 9:00 am on Wednesday at Loblaws (south entrance).
Mid week evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).
Sign in, join in, and walk.

I know that some folks are travelling - enjoying foreign shores and fascinating sites - be safe; keep well and bring back interesting stories of your travels; Nishe, Libby and Marie....to name a few. I understand the Eileen has a date (long anticipated) with Bruce next week, in NYC - have a great time. Does John know about this?

And I know that some are injured or ill or recovering from treatment - we send you our best wishes and hope that you will soon be joining us again.

Please consider options for a race (or more) during 2019. There has been some interest in Robbie Burns - I understand that Trish and Libby have committed - must be the attraction of the plaid pants! How sweet they are.  Anyone else? We will continue to look for interesting race opportunities.








22 comments:

Unknown said...

I won't be out this Saturday. No its not the frosty air keeping me away. Brunch with Hannah's future Mother in Law. Have a great weekend everyone.

Olwyn said...

Trish, have fun with your future Mother-in-law-in-law...! I plan to be out at 8am Saturday for a moderate walk; let's hope it's a bit warmer and the sun will be shining!

Sharon KJ said...

I am on babysitting duty this weekend. If we can, we may come for a visit to Loblaws.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Is anyone missing a pair of black gloves? Someone left a pair at Tim's a couple of weeks ago, and I picked them up. Let me know - I can bring them tomorrow.

I will be at Loblaws tomorrow, trying to ignore all the cakes and other goodies strategically placed near the tables. I'm expecting that Arlene will be joining me.

Ruth

Susan said...

I'll be out in the morning. See some of you then. To the others, enjoy the weekend.

Helen said...

I'm hoping the weather forecast is wrong. If there's rain, we might not be out. Will confirm tomorrow morning.

Lynne said...

As long as it's not raining, I'll be out in the morning.

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow

Anonymous said...

it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway, I will not be out if it's raining
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I won't be out even if it's not raining as I have a meeting with Options this evening,

Lynne

Helen said...

We’re at the same meeting as Lynne. See you Wednesday.

Unknown said...

Hi guys! Karin here( Olwyn’s neighbour)
Just checking on who’s walking tonight? Would love to go ��

Susan said...

Too wet for me Karin - so sorry - hope you are game to come on Wednesday or next Monday. Nice to hear from you.

Jan said...

I'm a fair-weather walker too. Staying in and marching around the house to get my steps in!

Jan said...

Anybody thinking of walking tonight? I would like to, but it's a bit slippery underfoot - we'd have to stick to the side roads and walk on the street - I don't trust the sidewalks.

Susan said...

I'll walk Jan. See you there.

Helen said...

Bob has a school thing and might not make it back in time, but I'll bundle up and walk on Wednesday.

Unknown said...

I’m in!! Shoppers’s at 6:30, right?

Susan said...

NOT Shopper's - we now meet at Occasion's - Eastwood, north side, just east of Coxwell - just outside in front.

Kim said...

Still at work—can’t walk tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Unknown said...

Thsnks Susan! See you all at 6:30