Thursday 15 November 2018

Walks - Saturday Nov. 17 - Wednesday Nov. 21

Thanks Trish for hosting our Great Gathering

And, what a great gathering it was. Thanks to all who contributed to this celebration - delicious food and good times shared with friends.

Join us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Loblaws (south entrance). The distance is flexible followed by coffee with friends (likely at Starbucks - or plan b is Loblaws).

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am
Week day walkers meet at Loblaws at 9:00 am at Loblaws.
Mid week evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws 2) and Wednesday (Occasions).
Sign in; join in; and walk, walk, walk....

Announcements / Information: from Libby - Race ideas to start 2019:  Hair of the Dog at the Balmy Beach club on New Years day. An excellent 9k out along the boardwalk and delicious lunch after. There is also a 3k walk with prizes.  http://balmybeachcanoe.com/hair-of-the-dog-fun-run.html

Robbie Burns 8k in Burlington, Sunday January 27th. It is the 40th anniversary of the race and it has a walk division, oatmeal and plaid pants.  https://raceroster.com/events/2019/19746/robbie-burns-8km-road-race-2019

from Helen - At the party, Helen gave a brief overview of some races to consider for 2019. Some great ideas and destinations both near and far. I'm sure she will be happy to share these again.

Thanks again Trish. And, thanks to Olwyn and Eileen and Norma for sharing photos - I'll be posting party photos for the next several weeks.



23 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see so many at the party last week. Thanks to those who came early to help set up and those who stayed to put everything back. I won't be out tomorrow morning, have to get the turkey in the oven for family Christmas. I am signed up for Robbie Burns.
Have a great walk and weekend everyone.

Unknown said...

Note: Lavender jacket for Resolution Run is available in all sizes except XXS. Just incase you are looking for a different colour in your run wardrobe. I'm signed up to do the Run New Years Day in Vancouver if you would like to join me.

Anonymous said...

Lovely seeing everyone last Saturday...thanks for hosting Trish!

I'm unable to make it tomorrow.
Enjoy your walk.
Sheila

Sharon KJ said...

Well, so far, it looks as though Barb and I will be walking alone. Hope to see others tomorrow morning.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will not be out on Saturday, as I have a cold.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, you won't be alone! Arlene and I will be out.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Barb.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

Trish, thanks for hosting the party; it was lovely! I won't be out Saturday morning as it's our annual Christmas bazaar at the church; happy walking everyone; stay warm! Feel better soon, Barb!

Helen said...

Unfortunately, Bob and I have too much on our plates on Saturday morning, so we won't be joining you. Have a good, safe walk.

Lynne said...

I'll be out in the morning, weather permitting.

Jan said...

I hope to be out for a short walk too - hope the sidewalks are clear.

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday to make sure Jan meets her carrot goal for the day. And, of course to see the rest of you.

Eva said...

Thanks Trish for hosting. It's lovely to see all.
I will not be out tomorrow. Have a safe walk.

Jan said...

I have to walk tonight - total slug yesterday!!

Helen said...

I’ll be out Monday. Bob has school.

Susan said...

Yes, Yes, Yes - I'll be there too

Kim said...

I can’t walk—still at school.

Kim said...

I meant work.

Susan said...

Not going to come after all.....sorry for confused state of my mind.

Lynne said...

Won't be out tonight. Just got home, too much to do.

Kim said...

I’m also not coming out tonight. See you Saturday.

Helen said...

Tempted to skip Wednesday night's walk for the usual reasons -- work and weather. I might be tempted to walk on Thursday night, if there are any takers. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Neither Lynne nor I will walk tonight still recovering
Leverne

Susan said...

I had a short walk this morning (very short) so I would go again tonight or skip.

Both options appeal to me.