Thursday 4 October 2018

Walks - Saturday Oct. 6 - Wednesday Oct. 10

 BIST Star Make-up

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all - enjoy, celebrate - and walk with friends. Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am.  Our distance is whatever suits you and fits into your schedule.

Those training for the Scotia race are scheduled to walk 16 km - they are thankful for taper.  As usual, please post if Scotia folks are departing early - I know a few folks who may wish to join you.

Other walks:
Sunday 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
On holiday Monday, I suggest we met at Tim's (Lakeshore & Leslie) at 9:00 am - great way to burn some calories. Thanks Deanna - I had forgotten that Tim's 2 is out of commission.
Mid week:
Day time walker meet Wednesday at 9:00 am at Tim's. Charlotte is the main contact person.
Evening walks this week only:  Wednesday at 6:30 pm at Occasion's.

As always please sign in - let others know your plans. It is appreciated.

Announcements and Information:
from Kim: Lou-Ann and Kim (and two walkers from Sunday morning walks—Tonya and Louise)  participated in the BIST Hero walk to support the Brain Injury Society of Toronto in Wilket Creek Park.  Great cause; great race. Well done.

from Trish: The Corning Race - Despite the rain, a good time had by all. Anita did a Personal Best - WooHoo. Trish was pleased with her time too. 3:37. This includes 2 washroom breaks and some very cold toes. Congratulations - worth the training, I'm sure.

from Susan: to Dianne, Quentin & Corbin - have a great race in Chicago - I know you'll impress us all. 

from Libby - time to start thinking about races for next year - got any ideas? Please share.


Congratulations Ladies - wet & wild winners

29 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday morning aiming to walk 8-10 km and burn some calories prior to eating pumpkin pie. See you there.

Deanna said...

I won’t be walking for a while. I broke my ankle on the cobblestones I. The Distillery District last Saturday. The last time I drove past Tim’s 2 it was closed doe renovations. Not sure it’s open yet. Has anyone gone by lately?

Stacey said...

Oh Deanna! I hope you heal quickly! I won’t be out at all this weekend - I’m away with the family. As a matter of fact, due to family obligations (I’m looking after my grandies while son & daughter-in-law are travelling) I won’t be out again until November 3! I look forward to seeing everyone in a month.

Anonymous said...

Plan to be out at 7.15 for 16 k or so..Rainer will most likely join me.
Anyone else wishing a long or early walk is very welcome to join us!!
Margy

Olwyn said...

Oh no Deanna! Hope your ankle heals fast and well; those Distillery District cobblestones are a hazard! I won't be out this Saturday, as I'm once again working late Friday night and on Saturday morning (stupid opera rehearsals!), but hope to be back out again next Saturday. I love Lou-Ann's makeup! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Libby said...

I hope to jin Margy and others? for a slightly wet 16K. Sorry to hear about your ankle Deanna! Speedy recovery.
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Anonymous said...

Trish, I hope your toes have warmed up. Congratulations to all of you.

Sounds like Stacey will be getting all the exercise she needs without walking. Enjoy your grandkids. You'll be ready to do a marathon by the time their parents are back, and it will seem like a vacation.

Get well, Deanna.

I'll be out at 7:15. I like the "or so" after Margy's 16K.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

Deanna, what a bummer about your ankle. Rest and come back raring to go. Stacey, I KNOW you will be ready for some kind of race in the near future, thanks to the grands.

See you at 8. I'll pick you up, Barb.

SKJ

Helen said...

We'll be out on Saturday at 8 am, provided the rain holds off. (Sunday morning will be our back-up plan. Monday is our Turkey Time, so how ready we are will determine whether we're out on Monday morning.)

Deanna, please get well soon. To all the trainees, good luck with your taper. And to everyone, Happy Thanksgiving.

Sharon KJ said...

The weather does not sound promising. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for the morning hours. Depending on the weather when I leave the house, I'll either stay home, walk or just go to Tim's for my tea. Only time will tell.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Deanna, wishing you a speedy recovery. Congrats to the “Corning Walkers”. I will be out at 8 Saturday morning provided it isn’t raining.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Barb S.

Barbara Brown said...

I will not be out in the morning, Have a lovely weekend everyone.

WIshing you a fast recovery Deanna.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out if it's raining, but if it's not raining see you at 8. Deanna, speedy recovery
Leverne

Kim said...

It's raining. Is tomorrow a back up walk, then?

Anonymous said...

Not walking this morning
Leverne

Susan said...

I am going to Tim's this morning - worth a try - hope others will come too.

Helen said...

We are going to focus on getting our house and ourselves ready for a house full of people on Thanksgiving Monday. So we’ll keep our eye on the weather for Sunday morning instead.

Kim said...

Is anyone walking tomorrow—holiday Monday—9 am at Tim’s Lakeshore?

Susan said...

Yes. I'll be there Kim. Looking forward to burning off my pumpkin pie(s)

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be at Tim's at 9 tomorrow ..burning off turkey dinner!

Helen said...

Our pumpkin pie is yet to be consumed. We’ll be prepping for a dinner for 14 on Monday, so won’t be at Tim’s. Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's Lakeshore Monday morning.
Ruth

Eva said...

I won't be out this week.Just got back from my Scandinavian trip. I've done lots of walking tours in four countries and felt like I've done a marathon.
Deanna, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out this morning, if it’s raining we will just have a tea at Tim’s or Starbucks.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

Helen and I are on for a walk from Occasions this evening at 6:30. Looks like the rain will hold off just long enough. Anyone joining us?
Bob

Anonymous said...

I am interested in a shortish walk this evening if it's not raining.

Lynne

Susan said...

I walked this morning - think that's enough for today. Loving this weather.

Hope to see you Saturday morning.

Kim said...

I am interested in walking from occasions tonight. See you there.

Anonymous said...

I will be there too
Leverne