Friday 12 October 2018

Walks - Saturday Oct. 13 - Wednesday Oct. 17

Porch Sign

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. As the sign says "just go for it" and then enjoy coffee with friends. 

This is the final week of training for Scotia folks. Distances are 12 km on Saturday and 10 km and 8 km during the week - at race pace. Please let others know if you want an earlier start time on Saturday. We know there are a few who like to keep you company while you train.

Other walks - Join in:
Sunday morning folks meet at the Running Room on Queen Street at 8:30 am.
Wednesday morning at Tim's at 9:00 am
Evenings at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).

Announcements:  from Olwyn: The Santa Race is always a fun event. Held Nov. 18th. Olwyn is participating and would love your company. Check it out:  http://thesantaclausparade.com

from Libby:  Get thinking about races for next year - any interest in the Robbie Burns event?

Let's talk about races and events for 2019 - it keeps us healthy, fit and full of spunk. What appeals to you?

Congratulations to Dianne (a casual Shorethings), Quentin and Corbin - all three completed the Chicago Marathon last weekend. Woo Hoo - well done - amazing family outing.










26 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be walking on Saturday - hope to see you.

P Dawn said...

Ill be there tomorrow in my winter clothes!

Helen said...

Bob and I look forward to walking with everyone tomorrow.

Libby said...

I plan to walk tomorrow. Happy to do 12k with the Scotia group ..perhaps a 7:30 start?
will check the blog to see the plans.

Lou-Ann said...

See you tomorrow morning with my gloves and warmer jacket on.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tomorrow; last Saturday of working early for the opera during the daytime. Happy trails, everyone; stay warm! Oh, and the link that I sent to Susan, is to sign up to be a marcher in the Santa Claus Parade on Sunday November 18. You get to wear a costume and if you're lucky, you might even get to meet Santa!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow and will join Libby in watching the blog for a start time for the Scotia group.

Olwyn, I'm not sure I _want_ to know what Santa thinks of my behavior this year. Sorry to hear that you're working overtime again - you're surely on the "good" list.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Plan to be out at 7.30 for 12k ...
May or may not have Rainer with me..
Margy

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning at 8 provided it isn’t raining.

Barb S.

Unknown said...

My current plan ( clothes are all laid out) is to be out for 8am for a shorter walk. However if I'm not there by 8 go on without me.

Susan said...

I don't think I'll be walking tonight - dinner plans - unless they change.....one never knows.

Helen said...

Not sure about the weather. It's blustery and looks like rain. Anyone thinking of walking on Monday night?

Kim said...

I was, but depending on everyone else.

Lynne said...

Don't like the look of the weather going to give walking a miss tonight.

Anonymous said...

The sun is out now, so if it's not raining, I'll walk
Leverne

Anonymous said...

The electrician is here working on my garage, and isn't finishing soon, so I better stick around. I guess I will bow out. Sorry, Leverne.

Kim said...

Last comment was from Kim

Helen said...

Bob's still with a client in his studio. Will check in when he emerges. We'll see what the weather's like then. It's so changeable!

Helen said...

We're meeting Leverne at her place. See you on Wednesday.

Helen said...

Anyone bundling up to brave the weather tonight? It's Bob's first day at the new school, which will be quite a drive, so we're unsure when he'll arrive back home. In theory, a walk would be welcome.

Lynne said...

Going to skip walking tonight. See everyone on Saturday, weather permitting.

Helen said...

Anyone interested in walking on Thursday evening instead of Wednesday evening? It looks like the weather won’t be quite as cold and windy.

Helen said...

Bob, Kim and I are in for a Thursday walk.

Lynne said...

If I am home from the vet in time tomorrow, I will join you for a Thursday walk.
Lynne

Susan said...

I might try to join you too on Thursday - at Ryerson until 4:00 pm - so is likely but not certain. Will confirm tomorrow just after 5:00 when I get home.

Susan said...

I won't join the walk on Thursday evening - thanks for posting the opportunity - appreciated knowing.