Thursday 27 September 2018

Walks - Saturday Sept. 29 - Wednesday Oct. 3

Love Walking

Join us this Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a brisk fall walk with friends. Any distance is good distance.

To our Corning racers - good luck and safe travels - have a great race - remember that whoever comes in last has more time to enjoy the route - it's all good. Take photos please.

To those training for the Scotia race, the distances this week are 20 km this weekend, 8 km and 8 km during the week. If you plan an earlier start, please post it - others may want to join you - some folks love the challenge and the workout. 

Other walking opportunities:
Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am. 
Day time walkers meet on Wednesday at 9:00 am at Tim's - contact Charlotte for information.
Evenings walks are at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).
Join in. Everyone is welcome.

Announcements and Information: from Rainer - Caven event - it was a perfect day for a race, cool and overcast but no rain. Lovely countryside and a good group of walkers to tackle the 10km .... He tried to keep up with a couple of fast ladies however at the end was beaten by 3 women (at least it was not a 14 yr old girl) who were simply faster than him. Still he was first male however the Buttertarts were FANTASTIC .... worth the drive. (There is something quite heart warming when a group of women beat Rainer in a race, don't you think?)

from Helen regarding the blog and private Shorething messages:
We have two systems of communication - the blog (for weekly walks) and a private group email which is used for sharing private information (funerals, get-togethers, parties) on an as needed basis. Make sure you are on receiving both. 

For the private group email list: Make sure that Helen has your most current email address. If you did not receive last week's funeral announcement, you are not on the list.

If you are not receiving the weekly blog posts, go to the Shorethings blog and subscribe by entering your email address in the field at the top left side and follow the prompts to confirm.

Nishe - our thoughts are with you, my friend.


See you Saturday. Walking is good for your health; walking with friends is good for your soul.






24 comments:

Trish said...

Have a great weekend everyone. Heading off to Corning tomorrow morning. This race will indeed be about enjoying the scenery. Thankfully it is a very scenic route (mostly). Will do my best to take lots of pics.

Deanna said...

I won’t be out again tomorrow. Grandkids all weekend.

Olwyn said...

I'm planning on being out at 7am tomorrow for a 20k (yikes!) with Margy, Norma and Ruth, and anyone else who is crazy enough to join us. See you then..yawn....

Anonymous said...

I will be out with Norma Ruth and Olwyn at 7...and we may be graced by the company of David and Rainer..although they won't be doing 20k..or so they say!!
Margy

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out at 8 am for a TBD distance. Good luck to all the racers and trainees!

And for those who need to be added to our private list but who don't know my email address, you can use our Shore Things email: shorethings [at] icloud [dot] com. Just replace the square bracketed words with the symbol.

Barbara Brown said...

I plan to be out for a walk at 8am. Good wishes to the racers!

See you then,

Lou-Ann said...

Looking forward to seeing the 8:00 walkers, for whatever distance my legs go! Have fun "Corning Walkers"! I have to say this, it is a little chilly in the morning now!

Eva said...

I won't be out Saturday since I am walking the streets of the Scandinavian cities: Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, Bergen and Copenhagen. Such wonderful places to walk and immerse with the local food and culture. Happy walking to all. 😊

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning at 8. All the best to the Corning Walkers, I hope you have good weather.

Barb S.

Libby said...

My son is here from UK and tomorrow is his last day so I will not be waking with the group.
good luck to the corning ladies. Enjoy your Nordic travels Eva!

Anonymous said...

I'm very jealous, Eva. And have a great time in Corning, Trish and company.

Sounds like I'm already signed up for a 7 a.m. long walk.
Ruth

Olwyn said...

I’m afraid I’m going to have to miss the long walk tomorrow as I now have to work in the morning sorry to miss it again! Have a good one,

Jan said...

I'll be out at 8 for a shortish walk. Best of luck and weather to the Corning walkers.

Helen said...

Hoping to walk Monday evening, if it isn't raining. Fingers crossed for a 6:30 date at Loblaws.

Anonymous said...

I shall not attend, too miserable out
Leverne

Lynne said...

Its mizzling now so I'm making an executive decision to stay home.
Lynne

Susan said...

I'll walk Helen if not raining = check back a 6:00 ish?

Helen said...

Okay. Let's check the weather at 6 and see what's falling.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight. The “mizzling thing.

Helen said...

If we go out, it will probably be from home.

Susan said...

I won't be at Occasions on Wednesday as the Doc Soup series starts that evening. I hope to meet with the Wednesday morning group if the weather clears up by then.

See you on Saturday.

Kim said...

Anyone walking tonight?

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Doc Soup, and Jan is away. Sorry, Kim!

Kim said...

Pas de probleme.