Friday 19 October 2018

Walks - Saturday Oct. 20 - Wednesday Oct. 24


Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk and coffee with friends. It's a great way to start your weekend.  

Happy racing for the Scotia crew this Sunday! Rainer, Margy, Norma, Olwyn, Arlene and Elaine are walking the Half.  Helen and Bob walk the 5K. Enjoy your race and do us proud! We look forward to seeing those fabulous medals at our Shore Things Party.

Consider cheering our racers along the course. It is always great to see a friendly face cheering while on the race course.  Cheering spots for the half near Bay and Lakeshore (the finish) or Bathurst and Bloor are subway accessible. Take photos please. The marathon runs through Kew Beach - no ShoreThings in the full but other racers to cheer on.

Other walking options:
Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am
Week day walkers meet on Wednesday at Tim's - likely at 9:15 am (Stacey?) this week.
Evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). Join in.

As always, we send our very best wishes to anyone who is ill, injured or recovering from surgery. We miss you and hope to see you soon.  Join us for coffee whenever you are able. Was so nice to see Nishe on Wednesday when she joined us for coffee.

Announcements - from Libby - The Santa Shuffle is being held countrywide December 1.  www.santashuffle.ca for registration. A mere $35 until October 28. The race is only 5K through Sunnybrook Park and raises money for Salvation Army Toronto Division. Always a great charity organization. Money raised in Toronto is city specific.

The Year End party is Sat. Nov. 10th - always a great event. Start thinking of races (near or far) that inspire. Bring your ideas to the party and talk them up - it is always fun to train and race with friends. And, it keeps us young.




18 comments:

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the good wishes for the Scotiabank Half on Sunday; I'm hoping to cross the finish line before the police car does; of course, I can always ride IN the police car! Won't be out Saturday morning, but will be walking the walk on Sunday!

Libby said...

I plan to walk tomorrow @ 8. Olwyn and others, I hope to be at Bathurst and Bloor area on Sunday to cheer you on! Good luck in the race

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday at 8:00 am. Hope to see some of you there.

Best wishes to our racers - Enjoy the race. Time for all that training to be put to the test.

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you tomorrow morning...good luck to all the Scotia "walkers"...have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wishing a great race day for the Scotia racers.

I'll be out tomorrow at 8.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning! I wish our Scotia racers rays of sunshine and moderate temperatures. Finish the race upright and smiling.

Good luck to all!

Barb, meet you at our rendezvous place.

SKJ

Unknown said...

I plan to be out in the morning (unless it is raining). Good luck to the Scotiabank walkers.

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning at 8. Thanks Sharon.

Have a good race - Scotia Racers!

Barb S.

Helen said...

We’re going to skip the walk this morning but will join you all for coffee.

Anonymous said...

It’s likely I will miss Monday’s walk due to a cold. Helen May still be out. TBC.
Bob

Susan said...

I walked earlier today, which included a stop to vote. So I won't be out tonight.

Helen and I are doing a Carrot Challenge - got my steps in for today, Helen. Hope I can keep it up all week.

Kim said...

I'm up for a walk tonight, if anyone else is.
Kim

Helen said...

I'll be out, Kim. And as I'm getting a ride from Lynne, I guess she will be, too.

Helen said...

I'm planning on walking on Wednesday from Occasions. See you at 6:30.

Susan said...

I walked this morning - won't be at Occasions tonight. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

see you at 6:30 tonight too
leverne

Lynne said...

I will not be out this evening.

Kim said...

I’m planning on walking tonight.