Thursday 13 September 2018

Walks - Saturday Sept. 15 - Wednesday Sept. 19

Congratulations Barb, Lou Ann, Eva & Val

Here we go - last weekend, the Ultra Night Walk/Run kicked off the fall race season.  Well done, Lou Ann, Barb, Val & Eva.  It was the first year for this local short event - looks like a winner. Rumour has it that the head lights were great. A fun event.

And, this weekend, we have a number of people entered in the Maritime race - some doing the 5 km evening race, some doing the 21.1 km half, and some doing both events.....in their designer pirate attire. We wish them the very best. Can't wait to see the photos. Make us proud!

For those who have remained in town, join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am.  Those training for the Scotia and the Corning races have shared distances: 16K on the weekend with 10k on each of the two week day walks. Sign in with your start time should others wish to join you.

The Terry Fox Walks/Runs are held this Sunday in various locations across the city. A great cause to support! Is anyone interested in doing the walk/run this year? Let us know so others can join in. The Island and Wilket Creek locations are the closest. Distance choices are 2, 5 and 10K. Any interest?

Sunday walkers usually meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.
Mid week walks are usually scheduled at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) - be sure to check the blog this week and to sign in if walking.....many of the mid week walkers are away...not sure how many folks will be available for walks.

To those who are injured or ill or recovering from surgery, we send you our very best wishes. We miss you. And to those who are travelling, be safe and keep well.


24 comments:

Deanna said...

I will not be the next two Saturdays.

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8:00 am on Saturday - hope to see some of you there for 8 - 10 km if it isn't too hot.

Anonymous said...

I will be there..id anyone is up for a longer walk or wants to start earlier please let me know!
Margy

Olwyn said...

Marry, how about 7:30am for the 16k?

Olwyn said...

Oops, of course I mean Margy; and anyone else who wants to join us!

Anonymous said...

Sure Olwyn!
Margy

Olwyn said...

Great; if anyone else wants to head out at 7:30am for a fun and fabulous 16k with Margy and I, please join us!

Libby said...

I'll be out at 8 for shortish walk..need to leave by 9:30

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ulta Night Walkers! Let’s hope we see this race again

Anonymous said...

I'll try for 7:30 but don't wait for me.

Ruth

Trish said...

Second week of school and I have caught another cold. Think it is going to be a long winter. I won't be out tomorrow morning, in hopes that I will be able to get out on Sunday. Hope the Halifax gang have a blast.

Sharon KJ said...

See the 8 o'clockers in the morning. Barb, I meet you at the regular spot.

SKJ

Unknown said...

My mom's 85th birthday is tomorrow - I'll be cooking and travelling. See you all in 2 weeks - it feels like such a long time since I've seen everyone!!!

Unknown said...

Oh - that last comment was from me - Stacey. Someone in my family signed me out of Google and I didn't notice...sigh...

Lou-Ann said...

Wishing those Maritimers a fun weekend...Happy Birthday to your Mom Stacey, enjoy! I will be out for a short walk tomorrow...I will be walking the Terry Fox in Whitby in memory or Paul's sister Mary. Our team name is "Team Nana", should be a good day for a walk...

Anonymous said...

I too will be out at 8 for a short walk. Thanks Sharon.

Barb

Anonymous said...

in case anyone cares, I will not walk tonight, need to rest my muscles
Leverne

Susan said...

I'm going to assume that no one is available to walk tonight - but I'll check back around 5:00, just in case. I expect the Maritime folks are tired, travelling or vacationing.

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight either - ache in spots I didn't know I had! more hills than I expected in Halifax race.

But I am also hoping to meet the newest member of my family - closest thing to a grandchild I am going to get for a while - Mike is getting a puppy!

Bob and Helen and Kim are still away, so definitely won't be out tonight, and Leverne already signed in and I don't think Lynne is planning on going either!

Anonymous said...

Disappointed that no one will be out tonight, wanted to do some more of those nice hills we tried in Halifax....

Lynne

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I plan to go.....and would love company, of course.

Anonymous said...

we'll be out tonight Susan, see you at Occasions
Leverne

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - still working

Susan said...

Thanks Leverne - see you soon