Thursday 30 August 2018

Walks - Saturday Sept. 1 - Wednesday Sept. 5


Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am - walking any distance that suits you and the weather. What a great way to begin the long weekend.
For those training, the required distances are as follows:
Maritimers- 16K -10 and 10K during the week
Corning Half- 18K- 8 and 10 during the week
Scotia Half- 12K - 10 and 8 during the week
Please let others know if the training team is starting earlier due to the longer distances.

Other walking opportunities:
Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am
Given that it is a long weekend, I suggest that Monday walkers meet at 9:00 am at Tim's 2.
Wednesday walkers meet at Occasions at 6:30 pm

Mid week daytime walkers usually receive a message from Charlotte regard the meeting place and time. Check in the Charlotte if you want more information.

Announcements and Information:
Consider this short race -new this year: Ultra Night Run - Sept. 8. Still time to register. A few Shorethings are registered already. Check it out:
https://www.ultranightrun.ca/toronto-s16404

from Ruth: some information which may be important for ibuprofen users - ibuprofen could cause sun sensitivity 

Several folks are enjoying some time away - safe travels; enjoy; have fun - we look forward to hearing about your travels.

To anyone who is ill or injured, we send you our best wishes - we miss you and hope to see you soon.



19 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8:00 am on Saturday - looking forward to seeing you there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I wont be able to join you tomorrow morning. Have a great long weekend.

Dawn

Deanna said...

I will be walking in the morning. Barb do you need a ride?

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning at 8. Thank goodness it's cooled down a bit.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I too will be out Saturday morning. Thanks Deanna

Barb S.

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday but weather behaving plan on being out on Monday. Doing long walk Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Helen said...

Maritimers starting at 7:15 from Tim's for 16K. Hopefully, we'll finish in time to meet up with the rest of you for coffee!

Olwyn said...

I won't be out on Saturday, hoping to get my long walk in on Sunday. May join you on Monday if I can get up that early! Happy Labour Day everyone!

Libby said...

On Monday, rain dependent, anyone interested in walking earlier than 9 due to heat..Tim’s 2.

Helen said...

Libby, the Maritimers need to do 10K on Monday and will be starting at 8:30. You're welcome to join us!

Susan said...

Yes - I'll start at 8:30 am on Monday at Tim's 2 aiming to complete 10 km - anything to avoid the heat and humidity.

Will see some of you then and some of you after for coffee.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Monday at 8:30.

Ruth

Trish said...

Anyone going to be out at 9 for a shorter distance?

Charlotte said...

I will be there at 9 for a shorter distance. Trish, will see you then.

Trish said...

Charlotte - see you in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I will be out there at 9 as well.

Barb S.

Jan said...

Anybody planning on walking to ight besides Leverme and me? We are supposed to do 10 and trying to figure out the coolest route.

Susan said...

I won't be out tonight Jan. Hope to see everyone Saturday and I am hoping for cooler temperatures on the weekend.

Jan said...

Since no one signed in Leverne and I are going to meet by Stan Wadlow at 5:45 and head into Taylor creek- hopefully a bit cooler!