Thursday 28 June 2018

Walks: Sat. June 30 to Wed. July 4

Last Saturday, I was giving a talk in a beautiful garden – in the pouring rain.
This Saturday, what will the weather bring?!
Friends, given the extreme-heat warning for the long weekend, it will be especially important for us to check in before our walk on Saturday. If the weather is reasonable, I suggest a short walk in the most breezy location – either the boardwalk or the spit, depending which way the wind blows. Another option is to do what we did during the extreme cold this winter – head downtown to walk the air-conditioned PATH. Keep these options in mind when you sign in.

Race and training news from Libby:

The only training distance this week is 10K for Lynne (and any other's considering the Maritime weekend). Distances of 6 and 8K during the week.

A new local race to consider…

Shakespeare Runs the Night on August 25 replaces the Midsummer's Night Race. The race is capped at 1000 entrants so hurry with your decision to register. Distances are 15 and 30K with a 15K walking division!!  Many from WOW are interested so do sign up soon. Link is on the blog and https://raceroster.com/events/2018/18831/shakespeare-runs-the-night.
6pm start from Woodbine Beach. Costumes are a must!!!

Reminder - Please let Libby know of any races you sign up for!!

That's it from me (Helen) as I take over the blog for our globetrotter, Susan. Please send me your news and pictures, or you might have to put up with flowers in every post!

Sending good thoughts to all of you, at home and abroad. Thanks for your get-well wishes. My broken arm (a hairline fracture) is on the mend. It only hurts when I do that (ouch!).

Special healing vibes go out to Nishe's partner Nigel. We're thinking of you both.

'Garden Delight' rose from the new rose garden at the RBG (see the writeup on my blog)

18 comments:

Helen said...

And you can tell I'm out of practise with the blog – for those who walk on Monday, we might shift to Tim's 2 for a morning walk. How early do you want to start? Chime in in the comments.

Trish said...

Have a Happy Canada Day everyone and stay cool. I'm away now til the 17th. See you all then.

Deanna said...

I will be walking Saturday morning.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be walking on Saturday, probably a short one if it is hot...
9:00 on Monday works...make sure you sign in if you are walking on Monday, if it is warm maybe a different location will be announced, but will need to know who is walking, to let you know...

Sharon KJ said...

Barb and I will be out tomorrow. Monday at nine sounds good.

SKJ

Charlotte said...

I will be out on Saturday for a short walk and also on Monday. 9:00?

Libby said...

I plan to walk in Lee Scott,s class on the spitand hope to meet some for coffee At 9...after the class. I plan to walk Monday

Anonymous said...

I'll be out in the morning for whatever distance is appropriate.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning
Leverne

Olwyn said...

I plan to be out in the morning for a short walk and a refreshing iced cafe!

Anonymous said...

Please count me in for both days.
Val

Anonymous said...

Will not be out on Sat and we plan to walk on Monday as long as it is not pouring!
Margy

Barbara Brown said...

I may walk in the morning, depending on the humidity. If not I will join for coffee. Don’t wait for me if not there at 8, but see you later,

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Tim’s for 8. Monday will depend on the weather.

Helen said...

We’ll be at the alternative location on Monday morning rather than at Tim’s 2. Check your email inbox for details.

Helen said...

Bob and I are walking this morning, so we won’t be at Occasions tonight. Hope you’re all surviving the heat wave.

Anonymous said...

I'm not walking tonight, it's too hot for me
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I agree it's far too hot to walk today
Lynne