Thursday 5 July 2018

Walks: Sat. July 7 to Wed. July 11

Alligator? Crocodile? Either way, watch out!
Welcome to the Shore Things blog, wildlife edition. You never know what kind of animals we'll find on our walks – come out and see for yourself.

Saturday looks to be fair, so far. Our pirate racers have 12K on their schedule and 8K for Corning. That's doable. Let's keep them company, if we can. But, as always, Saturday's distance is of your own choosing. There's a Sunday morning group meeting at the Beach Running Room, too.

Pirates have 8K and 8K scheduled for Monday and Wednesday; Corning wineglasses have 5K and 5K. Please check the blog to see if anyone will be walking in the evenings, as summer tends to make a shift to morning walks for those who are available.

Please check in with Lou-Ann if you're walking from her house in the morning.

Our race interests list in the right sidebar seems pretty short this year – perhaps the extreme weather has something to do with that. But a fall race gives us something to train for, and it isn't too late to sign up. Have a look at the list and see if you'd like to join in for a race – from 5K to a half marathon.

Only puns, from heron in.
Have a hoppy day!

10 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday...happy walking friends...

Helen said...

Photo credits, top to bottom: Norma, Charlotte, Helen.

Bob and I will be out on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I can't make it, it's an early start for work, 10 am.
Val
Lou-Ann it was a lovely day on Monday, thank you soooo much.

Charlotte said...

I will be out on Saturday for a short walk.

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out on Saturday. Enjoy the cooler temperatures (no humidity).

Barb S.

Olwyn said...

Lovely 'wildlife' photos Helen! I'll try and get those photos off my camera and send them to you soon. Won't be out Saturday morning, as I'll be cheering on my dragon boat team, who have a regatta in Hamilton for the day. Happy walking everyone and stay cool!

Deanna said...

I will be walking Saturday.

Sharon KJ said...

See ya'll in the morning.

SKJ

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking in the morning on Monday ( and likely on Wednesday), so won’t be out for the evening walk.