Friday 25 May 2018

Walks - Saturday May 26 - Wednesday May 30

Royalty Among Us

It is going to be a hot one on Saturday so dress less and enjoy more. Join us at 8:00 am at Tim's for a walk and coffee with friends. Pick a shady route....perhaps enjoy the breeze along the waterfront?

The June races are quickly approaching. One last weekend of training for the Niagara folks. Five K racers should try for a race pace 5K training this weekend. The half marathon racers are scheduled for 12K with 10 and 8 recommended during the week. 

Norway racres require the 20K this weekend. They would love company for even part of the way and plan to start from Tim's -rain or shine-at 7:00 am (due to the heat). Please sign in and let them know if you plan to join them.

On Sunday, the hikers are heading to Hockley Valley for another day of 24 km with lots of hills - so beautiful this time of year on the Bruce Trail - trilliums everywhere.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.
Wednesday morning walkers meet at Tim's at 9:00 am. Watch for Charlotte's email.
Evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).

Join in.  Sign in.

Announcements: from Libby - Any races of interest? We could use a goal for the fall to keep us challenged.

from Susan - sometimes, we switch the Saturday start time to 7:30 am in July & August just to avoid the heat....although I don't think we made the change last summer. What is your preference for this summer?  Please let us know - 8:00 am or 7;30 am start? Speak up - don't be shy.

Hiking Hockley





22 comments:

Susan said...

I will join Libby and Arlene at 7:00 am (at least, that's my plan as of now) although I may not do the full route with them.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

Olwyn said...

Wow, love the photo of Nikki with Harry and Megs! I'm working late tonight and tomorrow, so likely won't be out, but this weekend is the end of opera season....and I have my sling off, so hope to be out again soon! A good weekend to all; looks like wonderful weather!

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Saturday morning at 8 am, provided it isn’t raining.

Barb S.

Lou-Ann said...

Susan what do you mean the Niagara 5K put on your "race pace"...don't we always do that?

Love the photo of Nikki, I guess the newly weds were picking up last minute groceries for the weekend to avoid the crowds!

Ruth great picture...you always looks amazing and always so happy!

See you tomorrow for some kind of walk, probably short in comparison to most!

Libby said...

As Susan mentioned, Arlene and i will leave tim's at 7 for 20K along waterfront heading to Rosetta McLain and back..plus a little. lovely photos!

Helen said...

We'll walk tomorrow, and are open to starting a bit earlier, but 7:30 might be my limit at the moment. Distance TBD.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8 for some distance
Leverne

Barbara Brown said...

I am not sure if I will be out...so please don’t wait for me. Have a good walk if I don’t make it.

Helen said...

Okay. 8 am it is.

Jan said...

I'll be out at 8 tomorrow for 10ish

Unknown said...

Hello - I've been part of the 2018 spring Running Room walking group. It's done but am looking to keep walking on Monday evenings. I'd like to join you tonight. I understand 6:30PM at Loblaws on Lakeshore. Do you meet by the front entrance (i.e. facing Lakeshore)?

Susan said...

Hi Marian - nice to hear of your interest - we meet at the Loblaws at Gerrard and Victoria Park - inside the entrance at 6:30 pm. I hope that location works for you - we are usually walking by 6:31 and back between 7:30-8:00 pm.

Hope to see you tonight.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the clarification Susan on location! I'll see you tonight.

Helen said...

Hi, everyone! For various reasons, Bob and I won't be joining you at Loblaws tonight, but plan to walk from home first thing tomorrow/Tuesday morning. Hope to see you all on Wednesday.

Jan said...

I hope to be out tonight for 6:30

Anonymous said...

I will be out tonight too
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be out tonight at 6:30 at Occasions. Hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

As long as it's not raining, I'll be out
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, too much to do preparing for my holiday.
Have a good walk. See you all upon my return,
Lynne

Libby said...

I plan to walk tonight!

Jan said...

I had hoped to be out but May 31 deadlines looming, dammit

Helen said...

We'll be out at Occasions. See you soon.