Wednesday 30 May 2018

Walks - Saturday June 2 - Wednesday June 6

 Spring walks are the best

Lovely weather for walking so join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. The distance is whatever suits you best - just do it!

Arlene and Libby are now in taper mode and would love company for their 16 km - leaving Tim's at 7:30 am. They need to do 10 & 10 km during the week. Sign in to let them know if you will join them.

Best of luck to ALL our Niagara Racers. Trish, Cheryl, Margy et al will race 21.1 K with Lou-Ann, Charlotte, Dawn, Stacey and Barb racing 5K. Enjoy the atmosphere and weekend get-away. We look forward to hearing about your escapade!

Sunday morning walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am.
Wednesday day time walkers meet at Tim's at 9:00 am
Evening walks at 6:30 on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). We had Marian join us on Monday - Welcome, Marian, and we hope to see you again.

Announcements:
from Charlotte: She is hosting a brunch/after walk get-together at her place after the race, Saturday June 9, around 9:30-10:00.  Even if you are not entered in the race, please join us for the brunch. Just send Charlotte an email to confirm attendance so that she is able to judge amounts for food and beverages.  How nice - thanks, Charlotte.

from Susan: It is bikini season again - Any interest in a June challenge? I suggest "5 and 25" - lose 5 pounds in 30 days (because that's all we have to lose, of course) and walk 25 km each week in the month of June. No pressure; no reporting; just encouragement and support. Sometimes it is easier if friends are working towards the same goal.....Are you in?

from Libby: Any interest in a fall race?  Prices will start to go up - take a look; set a goal; let's keep active because the alternative isn't fun.

Some folks are travelling - so enjoy - have fun - keep safe.
And, I know there are folks packing and/or unpacking and setting up new homes - we send you our best wishes. We are, indeed, a group of people on the move.

If you look carefully, you will see a deer - spotted by Trish on one of her walks

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, my wife and I are interested in the walk from Tims. I just wanted to confirm it is Saturday June 2 at 8am (the date on the top says Saturday June 3.

Olwyn said...

Hi Mark, yes, the walk in indeed this Saturday, June 2, at 8am from Tims.
I won't be out this weekend, but wish everyone happy walking; great photos, by the way, especially the deer!

Trish said...

Niagara has finally arrived. Thanks to all of you who helped me through the long distances. This race is just about getting it done and having some fun along the way. Hope it acts as inspiration to get me moving for Corning in the fall. Have a good weekend everyone.

Libby said...

Arlene and i are tapering for Norway with 16K Saturday. Ruth and Susan will join us for a 7:30 start. Other supportive "trainees" are most welcome. Please sign in yur intention..we love company

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Niagara Falls. I trust we will not be reading any stories about wild parties in the streets!

I'll counter Susan's suggestion with "25", as in "don't wear a bikini" and "walk 25 feet twice a day" which happens to be the distance from my office to the coffee machine.

I'll see Arlene, Libby, and Susan tomorrow at 7:30. Though I suspect I will be seeing only Libby and Arlene's backs as they go whizzing past.

Ruth

Jan said...

I'll be out this 8 for 10-12.
Susan I'll take up your challenge - would love to lose 5 pounds this month. 15 would be better but I realize the need for realism!

Jan said...

Any interest in the spit tomorrow?

Susan said...

I'll be out tomorrow at 7:30 am (or 8:00 am if I sleep in a bit).

Good luck to all Niagara folks - have a great weekend.

And, yeah Jan - let's do it!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow. To the lighthouse and back for 10 km is doable. Best of luck to the Niagara group.

SKJ

Libby said...

Jan
Arlene, Ruth and I will head t Cherry Ceach and then back to do the spit..hope to see you enroute!

Helen said...

Bob has a late night tonight, so we'll show up for 8 am, and I'm always happy to do the spit.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8, the spit sounds good
Leverne

Susan said...

Any walkers this evening? I will be there.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! It was challenging but fun. Unless it is pouring rain this evening, I plan to walk with you again tonight.

Anonymous said...

I will be out unless it's raining
Leverne

Deanna said...

Me too.

Helen said...

Ditto on the rain comments. Both Bob and I hope to be there.

Jan said...

Looks like we may be ok rainwise - I'll be out if it's not raining

Anonymous said...

again, if it's not raining i'll be out tonight
Leverne

Deanna said...

I will not be out tonight. Swollen knee. Seeing physio about my hand & knee tonight.

Susan said...

I'll be out tonight - hope your knee and hand are okay, Deanna.

Jan said...

I hope to be out tonight- bit if a crunch workwise so I'll see how I do in the next couple of hours.

I need to get out though - worked late last night and really need some exercise.