Thursday 17 May 2018

Walks - Saturday May 19 - Wednesday May 23

Sporting Life Stars

Late start - Wedding Bells - Long Weekend

Consider this: late start time on Saturday so that anyone who wants to watch the Royal Wedding (does it require capital letters?) may do so. These are options for our weekend walks:

1. meet at 8:00 am at Tim's as usual on Saturday
2. meet at 9:30 am at Tim's (in order to watch the wedding first and then walk) on Saturday
3. meet at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St on Sunday (free parking on Queen).

Please sign in so that others know your plans.

Folks training for Niagara are scheduled to do 16 km on Saturday and 10 km twice during the week.
Those training for Norway are scheduled to do 18 km on Saturday; 8 km & 10 km during the week.
Training folks love company on their longer walks - please join them. It is very helpful.
Hikers will do 24 km on Sunday in Hockley Valley....very beautiful; very hilly.

Monday walk - meet at Tim's 2 at 9:00 am - long weekend - what better way to start your Monday?
Wednesday evening walk from Occasions at 6:30 pm.
Wednesday day time walkers meet at Tim's at 9:00 am - watch for Charlotte's email confirming details.

Sporting Life Stars - Congratulations to all finishers of the Sporting Life 10K last Sunday. A beautiful sunny day and lots of fun on the course. The Shore Things results  were excellent! Libby 1:18; Ruth- 1:19, (after a 25k hike Saturday!), Arlene and Elaine -!:27, Lou-Ann- 1:33, Sheila- 1:35, Olwyn (arm in a sling!- way to go!) and Trish- 1:48. Over 2 million was raised to support Camp OOch this year. Way to go ladies!

To those travelling, have a great trip and be safe. To those moving, we hope you enjoy your new digs and that the move goes smoothly. To those who are ill or injured, we send you our best. To those celebrating anniversaries, congratulations - Niki and Jim - 50 years - amazing.

Many thanks to Olwyn for organizing the Night at the Opera - enjoyed by several - a lovely event.

Announcements: from Libby:  Lou-Ann has signed up for the Ultra Night Race September 8- She is looking for some serious company for this 5K walking race at night!! Registration price increases June 1 so please consider joining her.

The Scotia Waterfront Marathon/ Half /5K is another great fall race to consider. Price increases for registration June 1. 

Consider Women Set the Pace races Sat. Aug. 25 (10 k / 5 k) and/or Saturday Oct. 13 (8 k / 5 k)

A gentle reminder to let Libby know of any races you have signed up for in writing! 

from Bob: 
City of Toronto (@TorontoComms)
From July to November, the #CityofTO will work on the Martin Goodman Trail. Once complete, it will be a 20 km separated multi-use & accessible trail. It will improve pedestrian & cyclist safety along the waterfront. More information: toronto.ca/unwin #TRCA #BikeTO pic.twitter.com/HyYPMzWuqB


Opera Divas

Enjoy the long weekend.







31 comments:

P Dawn said...

wow - what a lovely newsy letter. Thanks. I won't be at Tims on Saturday as I am likely to be glued to the TV for more than an hour or two. I would like to walk on Monday from Tims 2, though. Will wait to see who else is coming so that I can bum a ride. Or I'll walk to Tims 2 instead and arrive about coffee time. Have a great weekend, everyone. And congratulations to all the Sporting life people. All winners!!

Deanna said...

Kim, Viv & I would prefer the late start.

Barbara Brown said...

The late start is fine with me. See you on Saturday.

Susan said...

Late start works for me - see you at 9:30 on Sat.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan said...

I like the 9:30 start on Saturday - though after all the "tea and crumpets" it may be more of a waddle! And I hope to be out Monday morning also.

Olwyn said...

Lovely newsy letter and fun photos! The Sporting Life was a great race; and thanks to Trish who 'protected' my left arm all the way along the course! Not sure if I'll be out Saturday morning, but if so I'm happy with the 9:30am start; have to work Saturday afternoon and Sunday, so may rest in. Happy Birthday to Queen Victoria; which birthday are we celebrating for her this year? And happy May-two-four weekend to everyone else!

Helen said...

What Jan said! Happy long weekend, everyone!

Trish said...

I'll go with the majority and see you at Tim's for 9:30 for as Jan says "a short waddle". Doing my 16k on Monday.
Have a great long weekend everyone.

Libby said...

I will not be out tomorrow. Walking our 18K Sunday. hope to join you at tim's 2 on Monday.
Blueberry scones and clotted cream at the ready!

Deanna said...

I will not be out Saturday after all.

Kim said...

I am hoping to be out Saturday at 9:30 after the wedding. Very nice newsletter, Susan!

Sharon KJ said...

I loved the blog. It was like reading the newspaper! A 9:30 start sounds very doable. It's the rain that could put a damper (no pun intended) on things. If it is raining hard, I will stay put and finish my pot of tea. Barb, if you would like a pick up, I will come for 9 am, weather permitting.

SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

Congrats Niki & Jim...

I will not be out Saturday or Monday...have a great long weekend friends!

Jan said...

Hmm - still wedding-watching. The weather is not looking inviting I must say. May be rethinking the walk.

Kim said...

On second thought, not walking this morning.

Trish said...

Think I'll stay put this morning. Hope everyone still enjoying the wedding.

Barbara Brown said...

Yes, I agree...the rain has decided it for me. See you on Monday morning, enjoy the weekend.

Helen said...

Unless the clouds part in a glory of sunshine, I won’t be walking this morning.

Susan said...

Okay - I can agree - the rain has decided it for me too. I hope to see you Monday.

Jan said...

Ok I have become a fair-weather walker. I'm not walking this morning.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be at Tim’s 2 Monday morning.

Barb S.

Jan said...

Change of plans - I won't be out tomorrow morning after all - family duties!!

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out tomorrow.

Susan said...

Me too

Helen said...

Bob and I plan to be at Tim’s 2. See you at 9.

Jan said...

My meeting tonight got cancelled (yay) so I'll be ready for a walk tonight.

Susan said...

Yah Jan - me too

Helen said...

Hope to be out, too. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

I will be out too
Leverne

Jan said...

Hey Leverne - welcome home! looking forward to hearing about your trip.