Friday 6 April 2018

Walks - Saturday April 7 - Wednesday April 11

At the Start Line

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am - you'll likely need to bundle up, yet again! Distance required for those who are training is as follows:
Niagara - 16 km - plus 8 and 8 during the week
Norway - 12 km - plus 8 and 8 during the week
Remember to include some challenge in your walk in order to increase the health benefit - hills, stairs, intervals, longer distance - it is all good.

Sunday morning walkers meet at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
Weekday walkers meet (usually) at 9:00 am at Tim's. Charlotte will send an organizing email.
Evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday).
Join in .... always room for more ... sign the blog to let folks know your plans.

Congratulations to Kim on her retirement - what a great celebration on Thursday night. Thanks for including us - we were proud to honour you and your career. We wish Kim the very best as she explores all her new options in this third act. Lots to look forward to...

Best of luck to Arlene and Elaine at the 10 mile Angus Glen race on Sunday.
And, we wish the hikers well as they head out for 24 kms with over 1,100 meters of elevation on Saturday.

Anyone looking for races? Let Libby know if something, somewhere tempts you. Collingwood hosts a race on Oct. 6 - any interest? The Collingwood Half Marathon & 10K on Saturday, October 6, 2018 is the perfect run for those that enjoy the crisp, clean countryside.  Run down the historic "Main Street" and out to the rolling countryside towards the Niagara Escarpment. With a fast course, fresh air, and breathtaking scenery, it's a great run for everyone. All participants receive a technical shirt and finisher's medal.





29 comments:

P Dawn said...

I will be there for short and sweet!!

Jan said...

I'll be out - hope the snow holds off!

Susan said...

I won't be out with the gang - will be hiking - hoping that I still have a pulse by the end of the day.

Libby said...

I'll be out for 10. looking for company?

Trish said...

I'll be out for 16 and looking for company. Hourly forecast shows chilly but with sunshine. Here's hoping.

Anonymous said...

I will be out for a 6k Saturday morning.
Barb S.

Olwyn said...

planning on coming out for a short walk in the morning and a long coffee!

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out for a walk tomorrow morning. Also hoping for dry conditions!

Helen said...

I'll be out on Saturday. I'd like to train with the racers, but having missed all last week's walks my distance is TBD.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out for 6-10k...see you in the morning.
Sheila

Trish said...

Helen- I don't think you are the only one!! Just hoping to get through at a decent pace - not quite up to race pace yet.

Eva said...

I plan to be out for a short walk and coffee, hoping for no snow in the morning. Mother Nature has not received the memo that winter is over.

Olwyn said...

eva you make me laugh out loud~! Just letting you know that I likely won't be out Sat morning; arm is a bit painful and I didn't sleep well last night. Will be out as soon as my balance feels a bit better; have a good walk!

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning
Leverne

Lou-Ann said...

See you soon...

Susan said...

Monday night - anyone planning to walk? I can be there for sure.....just posting early in the hope that a few will reply early - just so I know whether to wait for the pleasure of walking with company.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out tonight, Susan. See you at 6:30 at Loblaws.

Susan said...

Perfect - thanks, Helen

Jan said...

I hope to be out too.

Leverne said...

I will be out too
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Me too.

Trish said...

I had hoped to be out tomorrow night but I have a work event. See you all Saturday.

Jan said...

Don't count.on me tonight - assume I'm not coming unless I notify otherwise

Helen said...

I'll be watching the weather to see if this so-called spring is going to throw us another (wet) curve.

Anonymous said...

I'm not even watching the weather, I will not be out tonight
Leverne

Susan said...

I'd go if anyone is going but it doesn't look promising given the comments above.

Getting my snow tires off at 4:30 with the hope that it might encourage spring weather.

Anonymous said...

Will not be out this evening.
Susan you have heard that there might be an ice storm this weekend?
Lynne

Susan said...

Assuming no one is walking so I'm heading out from home....library, cobs bakery, etc

Helen said...

We’re having unexpected company for dinner, so won’t be out.