Thursday 29 March 2018

Saturday March 31 - Wednesday April 4, 2018

Happy Easter, Passover, or whatever you may celebrate

Well, here we are at the end of March - hard to believe - time to get walking. Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for whatever distance you'd like to do. 

Distances for those training are as follows:
Niagara half - 14 km and during the week 8 km and 10 km. Company welcomed.
Tromso half - 10 km and during the week 6 km and 8 km - yes, Libby and Arlene are back and would love company.

Usually Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen on Sunday at 8:30 am
Mid week day time walkers meet at Tim's at 9:00 am on Wednesday - Charlotte sends an organizing email in advance.
Mid week evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday)....although this Wednesday evening is Doc Soup so several will be missing in action.

Often on a long weekend, we meet Monday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's 2 - please sign in on the blog if you'd like to meet then and there.

Comings and goings - some have just returned from adventures - we'd love to hear about your trips. And, currently, some are on foreign shores exploring - be safe and have fun. And, I don't think Margy and Rainer will ever come back....

To those who are ill or injured - please take care - we hope you'll be able to join us again soon. Olwyn has joined the injured list as of this week - we send her our best.

Announcements:  Libby is patiently waiting to hear what races you are planning for 2018 - please let her know. Any interest in Beaches Spring Fling or the Waterfront 10K? The walker categories in these races are well supported! Races, distance challenges, hikes, cross training - whatever helps motivate you to keep moving, keep training and to challenge yourself. Your body will thank you.


Enjoy the weekend - hope to see you Saturday.










24 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

Oh no Olwyn, I hope this is not too serious. I will not be out Saturday but plan on walking on Monday morning at Tim's 2. Happy Easter, Passover or just a long weekend to all!

Anonymous said...

Hoping you have a speedy recovery Olwyn. I will not be our on Saturday either, not sure about Monday morning yet. Wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend - Happy Easter and Passover.

Barb S.

Jan said...

I'll be out on Saturday morning for 14 - I missed the weekday walks this week so need to get going - not sure yet about Monday morning.

Jan said...

Olwyn sorry to hear you're on the DL - hope you get better soon.

Trish said...

I'm with Jan. Didn't get too much distance in this week. See you all for 14K in the morning. Will confirm about Monday morning. Happy Easter and Passover to everyone. Hope you have some wonderful times with your families this weekend.

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday for 10 - 14 km - looking forward to seeing some of you then.

Olwyn - in case you are wondering, I think it is possible to walk with a cast.....just saying.

Eva said...

I am in for a short distance. Olwyn, hope you'll have a fast recovery. Happy Easter and Passover to all. Enjoy your time with loved ones.

Sharon KJ said...

Olwyn, heal thyself! Hope that you are up and walking soon. I will be out tomorrow along with my sister. I won't be out on Monday as I have an appointment in the morning.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

So sorry Olwyn, sending love and healing thoughts your way.

I'll be out tomorrow, distance TBD. See you in the morning,
Sheila

Olwyn said...

thanks everyone for your kind words; i fell down a staircase and broke my left arm; the humerus bone, except its not so funny. no cast but I'm taking it easy for a while. Wishing everyone a Happy Easter and Passover and remember to hold onto the railing!

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out Saturday for at least 10. Looking forward to seeing everyone..Olwyn...hope you
Recover quickly! I guess you will Not be doing the Spring Roster Race next Saturday!! Healing thoughts!

Deanna said...

I plan to be out Saturday morning but not Monday. See you then. Sorry to hear about your fall Olwyn.

Leverne said...

I will be out Saturday. Olwyn healing thoughts your way.
Leverne

Helen said...

We'll be out on Saturday. Not sure yet about Monday. Olwyn, so sorry to hear you're on the injured list! Hope you heal quickly!

Unknown said...

I wish you all a happy Easter weekend and Passover week. Olwyn I hope you have a speedy recovery. The next few weeks are busy but I will meet you awesome walkers for coffee soon

Susan said...

I won't be out on Monday - for either the morning or evening walk.
I won't be out on Wednesday - due to Doc Soup - although I'd consider walking there depending on the weather.

Enjoy the weekend and have a good week.

Trish said...

Weather looking good. Will I have any company tomorrow morning at Tim's 2?

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out tomorrow morning at Tim’s 2.

Anonymous said...

As long as its not snowing or raining, I'll be out in the morning.
Lynne

Helen said...

As we’ve had a houseful of people tonight, we’ll wait till tomorrow morning to see how we feel about walking. Will check in later.

Anonymous said...

I will be this morning for a very short walk.

Barb S.

Jan said...

I won't be out this morning or this evening and I have Hot Docs on Wednesday - I'll have to figure out some alternative walks.

Helen said...

We’re in the same situation as Jan. Sorry to miss joining you all this morning!

Trish said...

I tried to convince a few folks to walk tonight but I think I am going to pass. Not liking those wind warnings and hourly forecast shows them to still be quite strong later today. See you all Saturday.