Friday 23 March 2018

Saturday March 24 - Wednesday March 28

Olwyn and Karen celebrate their St. Patrick's Day finish

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a distance of your choosing...just get your heart rate up. The reward is coffee and chats with friends. For those training for Niagara half, the distance this week is 12 km, 8 km and 8 km.

As always, Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen at 8:30. Join them for a change of pace and change of route. Mid week day time walks usually meet on Wednesday at Tim's at 9:00 am. Charlotte will send a confirming email. Week night walks are at 6:30 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). It is so nice to do these evenings walks in the daylight - consider joining us.

If you have been missing in action, now is the perfect time to join us. The pace and the distance of each walk is flexible - folks do whatever works for them - it is easy to find a partner(s) to walk with. Come on out - we'd love to see you again.

Our thoughts are with Dawn and her family given the recent loss of her brother. I know she appreciates it. And, we also send our best wishes to anyone who is ill or injured. To those who are travelling, enjoy, be safe and bring back stories to tell.

Remember: hills are our friends - including hill(s) on your route increase the benefit your walking workout.





14 comments:

Olwyn said...

Are hills really, truly our friends? (!) I'll be out Saturday morning to join the 12k walkers; looks like it's going to be a beautiful day!

Susan said...

I'll be out helping Olwyn to get up those $#&* hills.

Anonymous said...

The backwoods x-country skiing was great and hard to leave, but good to be back.

I plan to be out tomorrow, see you in the morning,
Sheila

Trish said...

If hills were only uphill I would be OK with that. Will be out in the morning hopefully for 12.

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning along with Barb and L'il sis, Patty.

SKJ

Kim said...

I am sick so it’s unlikely I’ll be out tomorrow.

Helen said...

I plan to be out tomorrow, training with the trainees.

Get well soon, Kim.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out but not for 12K...happy to have the 1/2 milers to join me...! Glad to be back and try and get in shape...

Leverne said...

I'll be out this morning

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? Hope so - I will be there looking for you....

Helen said...

Bob has a rehearsal and Jan has a client. But I should be out tonight, if the electricians finish here on time. Will check in later.

Helen said...

Our house is still upside down from the work today, so my time would be best spent at home restoring temporary order. I'll see you Wednesday.

Leverne said...

I will not be walking tonight, I'm going to the airport for a pickup

Helen said...

Due to various delays and other complications, we won't be out tonight either. Our aim is to walk on Thursday, provided the weather cooperates.