Thursday 19 April 2018

Walks - Saturday April 21 - Wednesday April 25

Beautiful Reflections

Okay - I'm declaring that winter is over - enough already.  Here comes the sun....

Join us on Saturday for a spring walk at Tim's at 8:00 am. The distance is whatever suits you. A walk in the sunshine will feel sooo good.

Those training for Niagara need to do 14 km (8 km and 10 km during the week). Norway folks need to do 16 km (8 km and 8 km during the week) and will start at 7:30 am on Saturday, hoping to be back for coffee with the others. Consider joining those training - the company really helps.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Sunday at 8:30 am. Hikers are doing hills and distance on Sunday.

Midweek walks are usually Wednesday mornings - Charlotte generally sends an organizing email - meeting at 9:00 am at Tim's. Evening walks are Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm. 

Remember to sign in so that others know your plans.

Kudos to Canadian Krista DuChene who credited training in our Canadian winter for her third place finish in the Boston Marathon! Feeling inspired - let Libby know if you find a race that interests you.  Anyone tempted by Halifax? I think Lynne and Leverne have committed to going. It is a fun event and worth the trip.

If you see these two, please send them back to Toronto - AWOL since late December





23 comments:

P Dawn said...

i will be at Tims tomorrow for my normal short walk. See you all then.

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out also tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all then.

Helen said...

We'll be at Tim's on Saturday for a yet-to-be-determined distance. Perhaps even 14K (although missing both walks this week – again – makes me wonder if I'm up to it – again).

Olwyn said...

Margy and Rainer....come home!
I have to work tomorrow morning, so won't be out, but hope to be back in action soon! Dawn, I'll see you at the Fracture Clinic on Wednesday!

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday for a 7:30 start with Libby and Arlene - hope to see some of you for coffee.

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning at 8 for a short walk.

Barb S.

Deanna said...

I will be walking Saturday.

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow. I've missed a couple of weeks and am looking forward to the walk and seeing my fellow Shore Things. Need a ride Barb?

SKJ

Eva said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Nasty weather last week and pneumonia is a very bad combination. Sunshine today is a great sign that spring has finally arrived. Hope that it will stay that way. Happy walking. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Eva said...

Margy and Rainer, time to come back. Nice Toronto weather and your dear walking friends are waiting for you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Lou-Ann said...

I plan to see you walking tomorrow with the 8:00 walkers...

Anonymous said...

Get well, Eva.

Someone said something about hills and a 7:30 start. I'm trying to pretend I didn't hear either of those words.

Ruth

Eva said...

Thanks Ruth. Feeling better after some meds.

Trish said...

Looking forward to a walk in the sunshine. See you all for a quick 14k.

Leverne said...

I'm looking forward to a good walk tonight
Leverne

Helen said...

Crossing my fingers that I'll be out tonight.

Susan said...

I will be there - looking forward to seeing you then.

Kim said...

I walked today with the Camino group so I won’t be out tonight.

Jan said...

I had every intention of walking tonight but I am still downtown tied up with an auditor so I won't make it by 6:30

Helen said...

I will be out tonight. Jan and I have talked, so she's going to try to meet up with us en route if we walk west. See you soon.

Jan said...

Given the weather and my workload I won't be out tonight - unless the sun comes out and I finish everything!!

Helen said...

What Jan said. See you on Saturday.

Trish said...

I am vehicleless so will stay close to home tonight. See you all on Saturday.