Thursday 22 February 2018

Walks - Saturday Feb. 24 - Wednesday Feb. 28

Hat's Off to You

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. I suggest a route along the boardwalk where we can check out the Installations for 2018.....always interesting. The distance is up to you to decide...consider a distance which will challenge you.

Sunday walkers still meet at the Running Room on Queen St. (I think that's still happening?). Mid week walkers meet at 6:30 pm on Mondays (Loblaws) and Wednesdays (Occasions). It has been hard to get out during the week this winter - but the days are getting longer and the temperatures are warming up - time to get back to our mid week agenda.

Announcements: from Libby -  Have the Olympic Games motivated you into signing up for a race or two? What a wonderful showing and great Canadian spirit. The early spring temperatures are a welcomed change. 
Local April races include Spring Run Off- 8K in High Park, Angus Glen - 10-miler and Uxbidge Race for the Diamond (5,10 and Half). All races are great options to choose from!
In May, the Mississauga Marathon/Half and 10K celebrate their 15th anniversary. Please let Libby know of any inspirations!

News from Rainer: Margy and Rainer did the 'Tampa 5km Beer Run  ... what a crazy race ... every km, a different craft brewery was passing out samples of their beer (the Florida way of hydrating) and a big glass of beer post race. Is the beer more important than your finish time or position? Margy also won a Buccaneer autographed Footbal in the raffle.

The park we did the race in has a few Alligators ... a lovely morning, not too hot only about 75F .... will get hotter by the time we hit the pool.
For our travelling folk, including these two characters above, enjoy, be well and be safe.
For anyone who is injured, ill or recovering, we miss you and send you our best. 

See you Saturday.



21 comments:

Deanna said...

I won’t be out for the next two Saturdays. See you in March.

Susan said...

I will be out on Saturday - looking forward to seeing you then.

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out tomorrow morning.

Barbara Brown said...

I will not be out tomorrow. But hope to be back next week. Enjoy your walks!

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out on Saturday. See you at 8.

Olwyn said...

Working late tonight (Friday) and Saturday, so may not make it out tomorrow morning. But hope to be back next Saturday and get back into the groove. Loved the photo of Margy and Rainer; and yes, maybe the beer is more important than the race! (!)

Libby said...

I'll be out on Saturday

Trish said...

I'm out of town for the weekend. See you all next Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tomorrow as I'm going to the Outdoor Adventure Show.
See you next week.
Lynne

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you in the morning...no raining dancing please...Lynne, good excuse, I am liking your idea!

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning along with Barb.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be out too. Thanks Sharon.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out too - my office mate brought in chocolate cupcakes today, so I really need to do some walking.

Ruth

Helen said...

Provided Bob gets home in time tonight, we'll be at Loblaws for an evening walk. See you at 6:30 (I hope).

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to walk, so if you need a ride Helen, let me know
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be there too

Helen said...

Anyone walking on Wednesday?

Leverne said...

Can't think of a reason not to, see you at 6:30 at Occasions

Susan said...

Don’t wait for me but hope to join u

Susan said...

Cancel. Wont be there

Helen said...

As no one else has signed in, Leverne and I are walking from home.