Friday 16 February 2018

Walks - Saturday Feb. 17 - Wednesday Feb. 21

Happy faces on a snowy walk last Saturday.
Strange things happen when I take a break from doing the blog - I can't seem to post a photo today - might try adding one later. FAMILY DAY WEEKEND - what better way to spend it - walking with your Shore Things friends and family.

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk and then coffee with friends. For most of us, the distance is optional. I think the weather and sidewalks will be better (finally) so let's get outside and enjoy. A few of the hikers and Norway half folks will do 10 km and a hill or two - join in - company makes the training fun.

Monday walks - I suggest that we meet at Tim's 2 on Monday at 9:00 am - enjoy a daylight walk with us. Please sign in on the blog so that others know your plans.

 Mid-week walks - with the road surfaces so icy, it has been difficult to get out. However, if you are interested in walking, let's meet on Wednesday at Occasions at 6:30 pm - sign in and encourage others to join you. 

A big thank you to Helen for doing the blog these past several weeks.

Announcements: 

Olwyn is still looking for friends to join her for the Spring Roster Race in High Park April 7. The bluebird medal is inspiring!

Options to inspire you: 
  • Sunday, April 15 Uxbridge Half Marathon Half Marathon Run, 10K Trail Run/Walk, 5K Run/Walk, 2K Kid's Dash, Team Challenge Sunday, 
  • May 6 Toronto Marathon Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K Run and Walk, and Relay 
  • Saturday, September 8 Toronto 5K Run or Walk in support of SickKids 
To all those who are injured or ailing or recovering - we send you our best...take care. sorry - no photos are loading....makes for a boring post....where's my coffee?

Some walking tips for those icy days.

29 comments:

Susan said...

Yikes - what happened to the blog? No photo; no formatting; Help, Helen.....any suggestions ???

I'll be out Saturday for 10 km if I can keep up with those hikers and Norway folks.

P Dawn said...

I am delighted to hear that strange things happen to other people also!

I plan to be at Tim's tomorrow morning for an early morning stroll...

Unknown said...

I won't be out this weekend for coffee with you but will see you the following Saturday. Enjoy the balmy weather! Welcome back Susan!!

Helen said...

I just fixed the formatting for you, Susan. Unsure why it didn't work for you. I can upload a picture if you like, just let me know.

Bob and I will be out on Saturday.

Helen said...

Pictures added at Susan's request. Be sure to check out the "how to walk on ice" infographic.

Olwyn said...

I'm planning on being out Saturday morning for a short walk and a long coffee; see y'all then!

Libby said...

I plan to be out Saturday ...optimistic for 10K but weather and ice conditions will determine the outcome

Sharon KJ said...

I will be out tomorrow for a walk. Pick you up, Barb?

Trish said...

Olwyn couldn't have said it better. Short walk, long coffee. See you all in the morning.

Lou-Ann said...

I am with Olwyn's Saturday idea...see you tomorrow...
Welcome back Susan...look forward to trying the penquin walk, what is taking us humans to long to figuring these things out!

Anonymous said...

If the temperature is close to 0 and there is no ice, I will be out tomorrow morning.
Lynne

Deanna said...

I plan on walking tomorrow as well.

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning too. Thanks Sharon.

Barb S.

Lyndia said...

Looking forward to a walk on Saturday! Really missed the walks but non stop company!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning and Monday morning as well. Hoping for no ice.
Ruth

Barbara Brown said...

I am sorry to
Miss the walk tomorrow. Hope to maker put on Monday. Enjoy the walk, hope the weather cooperates.

Leverne said...

I plan to be there on saturday

Helen said...

We plan to be out for a quick walk on Monday morning. I have to leave by 10:30.

Susan said...

I'm not going to be at Tim's 2 on Monday - going to do hills instead. Enjoy Family Day and mild weather.

Trish said...

Hope to be out Monday morning. Will depend on weather in morning. Hoping the rain holds off until later.

Kim said...

I will come out Monday at 9 at Tim’s 2.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Monday morning, provided it isn't raining.

Barb S.

Susan said...

Anyone game to walk tonight? Still light; no rain; not cold....

Helen said...

I have a massive headache, so won't be walking. Bob isn't home yet, so I’m unsure what he’s planning.

Jan said...

I am a little bit in panic mode re going away - all my T4s have to be done by Friday.....so that's my excuse for not going out tonight.

Jan said...

I promise when I get back (only away a week unfortunately) I'll be ready to walk regularly again.

Susan said...

I understand all of the above - at least the weather is starting to cooperate.

Enjoy your trip - I'm heading out now from home while I still have a bit of day light.

Enjoy your trip, some rays and Ray.

Anonymous said...

Just got home, so not walking tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I’m out too. Recording tonight.
Bob