Thursday 18 January 2018

Walks: Sat. Jan. 20 to Wed. Jan. 24

Oh, the places we've been!
Last Saturday, we once again resorted to the PATH to beat the weather. Let's hope for better things on Saturday, when the forecast looks like it might go above freezing. Unless other things happen, see you at Tim's at 8 am for the walk of your choosing, capped by friendly chat and warming beverages.

Winter weather has also crimped our style for our evening walks. Let's see what next week brings. Theoretically, it's Monday at Loblaws, Wednesday at Occasions. If the weather's bad, we might need to find alternative locations. Please sign in to let others know whether you'll be out. It helps.

Weekday morning walks might be on hold due to a health crisis for organizer Nishe's partner Nigel. More information will be privately shared. If you'd like to host a morning walk, please let me know.

Race notes from Libby:

  • No training schedules yet 
  • The Robbie Burns 8K race walking division is sold out with only Trish carrying the flag for Shore Things. It is still a week away so let's hope Trish has good weather.
  • Please check the Race Interests and make sure it is up to date with any races you have registered for!
  • Lynne has commited to the Maritimes Race weekend this fall ...please consider joining her as according to Eileen and Eva, this is a great race!
  • Arlene and I (Libby) have commited to the Summer Solstice Half Marathon in Norway.
  • Even if you have no races in mind, join us in training in the coming months! 
  • Hope to see many this Saturday with good weather forecasted at last!

Our thoughts go out to all Shore Things and Shore Things friends who have been sidelined or who are travelling. We wish you the very best!

Shoes and nutrition in one! Who's interested?

22 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

Unfortunately I will not be out this Saturday, however I do hope to be out next Saturday...

Libby said...

I plan to be at Tim's on Saturday...Hopeful for a good outsde walk!

Trish said...

My plan is to be out in the morning. Tired of walking in circles!

Anonymous said...

Scenic Caves this week, we are going skiing again.
Val

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out tomorrow.

Charlotte said...

I plan to out for a shortish walk back at Tim's.

Anonymous said...

I will also be out for a short walk on Saturday.

Barb S.

Olwyn said...

I'm planning on walking tomorrow morning at 8 from Tim's - fingers crossed for good weather!

P Dawn said...

I think Ill give it a miss again tomorrow. May venture out in March or April.....

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow too.

Is anyone planning a purchase from Bed, Bath and Beyond?? I have a 20% off coupon good for a discount on 1 item. I hate to waste it on something small, and I'd love to give it to someone who can make better use of it. I can try to remember to bring it tomorrow (emphasis on "try", because I don't do the "remember" part very well these days!.)

Ruth

Helen said...

Hoping to return to our usual haunt for a friendly Saturday walk.

Jan said...

I plan to be out tomorrow - out being the operative word. While I enjoyed the PATH walks in the CD I am feeling housebound and looking forward.to some fresh air. Perhaps the north route so we can walk down the middle of the road and not worry about icy sidewalks????

Jan said...

*cold

Jan said...

I decided at 10 o'clock this morning that I'm not walking tonight! Between the rain and the cold and the potentially icy sidewalks I am not the least bit tempted!!!! Although I must say I enjoyed being out on Saturday.

Call me a wimp but.....

Anonymous said...

I feel very much like Dawn, I'll be out in March or April....only joking, I'll be out on Saturdays,weather permitting and on Monday and Wed evenings once it is light and not icy, so not tonight.
Lynne

Helen said...

All day, I've been refreshing my weather app obsessively, wondering if we'd have a dry window to walk tonight. But they've just put the raindrops back into the forecast, so I'm staying where it's dry, too. *shakes angry fist at sky*

Leverne said...

I'm dittoing all the above
Leverne

Jan said...

I have a meeting tonight downtown so won't be walking - that's my excuse!

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight because ________.
Fill in the blank.
Lynne

Helen said...

Bob has things to do tonight. Is there anyone who feels like braving the weather on Wednesday night?

Leverne said...

Too wintery, and I walked today before the sun went down
Leverne

Helen said...

Okay. I’m out as well. See you (I hope) on Saturday.