Friday 26 January 2018

Walks: Sa. Jan. 27 to Wed. Jan. 31

With luck, this will be us on Saturday (or Sunday)
Weather the weather be cold, weather the weather be wet... this is what we've been wondering lately. Whether we like it or not. Crossing our fingers for favourable conditions this week.

Saturday at Tim's at 8? Or, if we get rained out, should we regroup on Sunday morning, instead? Please sign in to state your preference.

Ditto for the weekday evening walks. Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions; both at 6:30 pm. Weekday morning walks are TBD. No one has let me know whether these are continuing.

To our photographers: Please send me pix for the blog (and calendar)!

Race notes from Libby:

Best wishes to Trish, Cheryl, Anita and Julie for their 8K Robbie Burns Race this Saturday. We hope the weather gods are kind. May the wind be lightly on your backs!

For thioe who may be interested in the Sporting Life 10K, registration fees increase monthly on the 15th of each month. Current cost is a mere $55. It is always a fun downhill race on Mother's Day. Makes you earn your  family Brunch or Dinner!

Best wishes to all our friends who are ailing, healing or travelling. Either way, we hope for happy news.

That's it for now! Sorry for the late posting, but it was one of those weeks.

20 comments:

Olwyn said...

I'm planning on coming out at 8 in the morning for somewhere between 6 to 8k; fingers crossed for good weather!

Barbara Brown said...

I too plan to be out tomorrow at 8 am. I will check back if weather is wet.

Good luck to the walkers on Sunday at Robbie Burns!

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tims tomorrow morning. Hoping for reasonable weather.

Deanna said...

I will be walking Saturday morning. The weather report right now is for rain in the afternoon. Let’s hope that holds.

Eva said...

I plan to do a short walk tomorrow morning. Hoping for a nice weathew too.

Unknown said...

I plan to join you for coffee on Saturday

Lou-Ann said...

I plan to walk on Saturday morning...very much looking forward to seeing my walking friends...have truly missed everyone...

Anonymous said...

I will be walking Saturday morning too. Thanks Deanna.

Anonymous said...

last comment - Barb S.

Trish said...

I doubt I will make it out tomorrow morning. Off to the 4th Birthday Bash of the Society of Beer Drinking Ladies this evening with my daughter at the New Junction Brewery. Think I may need some time to recover for Sundays big race. Hope to see you all next weekend.

Helen said...

Bob and I hope to be out on Saturday, unless it's pouring. Good luck to our Robbie Burns gals!

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow. I have he flu.
Lynne

Jan said...

Sorry to hear that Lynne.

I hope to be out tomorrow but I'll evaluate in the morning- Sunday works too if the weather is better.

Leverne said...

Just about to get dressed and the rain began, not walking today, everyone have a good weekend
Leverne

Jan said...

I must be getting really chicken in my old age but Ray just walked back from downtown and he said it is getting slippery out.

I am willing to give it a miss tonight.

Leverne said...

I walked home from work and it is getting greasy, I saw one guy fall, and in the dark it's hard to see what's under foot.
Leverne

Helen said...

We just walked to Valumart and back and thought the same thing. Stay safe if you're going out! Let's see what Wednesday brings.

Libby said...

Please note registration for Canada Army Run and Uxbridge Diamond race (a GREAT Race) increase Jan 31!

Leverne said...

Anyone walking tonight?

Helen said...

Looks like Bob and I are giving it a pass tonight. I need to commit to a spring race to motivate me to walk in this kind of weather – in the dark. The possibility of slippy surfaces combined with darkness is not appealing to me right now.