Thursday 1 February 2018

Walks: Sat. Feb. 3 to Wed. Feb. 7


One, two, three, kick!
With luck, the Groundhog will have good news about winter for us on Friday. Let's get together on Saturday at Tim's whether s/he sees a shadow or not. No training schedules yet, so it's a distance of your choice. Some will also walk Sunday morning from the Running Room.

Same for Monday and Wednesday evenings. We've been MIA due to weather in many cases recently. Note that Wednesday is a Doc Soup night for some erstwhile regulars. I've no news about morning walks – please let me know if this has been reinstated.

Wherever you are, please do sign in to say if you'll be out, in case other brave souls want to join you.

Libby's weekly race update:

Congratulations to Trish and Cheryl for the race finish in the Robbie Burns last Sunday. 1:18 time for both on a glorious Race Day. How lucky with the weather this year.

Our Race interest list is begining to fill...Local Spring Races to consider are the April Spring Fling (Roster)- 8K in High Park and the 10K Sporting Life in May. Please let me (Libby) know when you sign up!

Training for June Half marathons starts in March!

And except to send our best wishes to Shore Things far and wide, that's it for this week.

Braving the weather with smiles.

16 comments:

Libby said...

I plan to walk Saturday- dressed in layers!

Barbara Brown said...

I cannot walk as I have to work this weekend. I will miss being out with you all. Have a good walk.

Stacey said...

I’m away this weekend so I won’t be joining you on saturday. Bundle up! See you next week.

Deanna said...

I will be walking Saturday.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Saturday morning; have to work all weekend. Stay warm, my friends!

Sharon KJ said...

I'm baacckk! Barb, if you need a ride in the morning I will gladly pick you up at the same place, same time.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I too will be out for a short walk Saturday morning. Thanks Sharon

Barb S.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out Saturday, distance TBD.

Eva said...

I will walk Saturday, possibly short distance.
Welcome back Sharon... Miss you.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out in the morning. Not up to cold walks yet. May come for coffee, no promises,

Lynne

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out, not sure of the distance...however I do know I will have coffee!

Trish said...

My brains say get up and go. My body as I sit here shivering and can't warm up says no way. So if I'm not there don't wait. Looking forward to getting back in the groove especially as have signed up for Niagara.

Leverne said...

I will be out in the morning
Leverene

Jan said...

I'll be out

Jan said...

Looks like Helen and Bob and I may be heading out from our street early - within the hour for a 4-8k walk depending on the cold.

Leverne said...

Just got in, so not walking tonight